mail detected as spam with mydomain.us in body of email
MikeE31
Enthusiast - Level 2

This problem just started happening in the previous week. It only apears to be happening when sending email from a verizon.net email account. If the string @mydomainname.us appears in the body of the email the email is not sent and the sender gets a message from Verizon stating it is detected as SPAM. (note: mydomainname is just an example not the real name of my .us domain).

I've been using the domain name now being detected as SPAM for a couple years without any problems until this week.

I've also been using an email forwarding based on that domain name to my verizon.net email account.

Example:  myusername@mydomainname.us forwards to myusername@verizon.net

I  have my email clients (Outlook Express and Outlook2003) configured such that when people reply to my emails they reply to myusername@mydomain.us which automatically forwards to myusername@verizon.net

So anyone I send email to who has a verizon.net account gets a 'spam detected' error when they reply to me because the string @mydomainname.us appears in the body of the email.

I did this test to confrim the problem. From various verizon.net email accounts I inlcuded just this characger string "@mydomainname.us" in the body of the email. The email was detected as SPAM.

If I included just "mydomain.us" without the "@" sign the email can be sent.

It apears that the verizon spam detection is filtering on the domain character string "@mydomainname.us" from my tests.

Any one seen anything like this? Anyone have a suggestion how I get my .us domain name out of the verizon spam detection rules?

Note: from hotmail and other non verizon.net email accounts this problem does not occurr when "@mydomainname.us" is in the body of the outgoing email.

Whew! this was long winded but complicated to try to explain. Thanks for any help / suggestions.

0 Likes
Re: mail detected as spam with mydomain.us in body of email
VZ_Javier
Enthusiast - Level 3

Dear MikeE3,

I would like to give you a call in regards to the issue.  I have an idea of what is happening but would like to take a look.  Please go to the secure link below.  Enter your account Name, Address, Phone and Email.  Thanks

https://www22.verizon.com/content/verizonsupport/

0 Likes
Re: mail detected as spam with mydomain.us in body of email
somegirl
Champion - Level 3