mozilla thunderbird. can not send email
starrman

Thanks in advance for your help.

1st up:

someone using a verizon.net email address is spamming me to the tune of 200-500 a day.

I've replied to this email and asked to be removed. I received the email back addressed to me???

2nd:

Today, March 7, 2012 I can receive email, but I cannot send email.

Overall, a frustrating afternoon.

suggestions?

Starrman

0 Likes
Re: mozilla thunderbird. can not send email
Justin46
Legend

@starrman wrote:

1st up:

someone using a verizon.net email address is spamming me to the tune of 200-500 a day.

I've replied to this email and asked to be removed. I received the email back addressed to me???

2nd:

suggestions?

Starrman

I have had Thunderbird set up for months using a verizon.net address and can send just fine. Here is a link to a thread I created documenting my settings:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Mozilla-Thunderbird-SSL-Account-Definitions-for-veriz...

Do your settings match mine? If not, what is different?

As to getting spammed and responding, in general that is the worst thing to do, you are telling the sender that it is a real live email address with a human there. If the spam is all coming from one or a few email addresses, I suggest you log into you Verizon webmail account (http://webmail.verizon.com/) and block the sender(s) or maybe the entire domain if it is from multiple email addresses on the same domain. An example of blocking senders:

Image 326.jpg

Hope this helps.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Re: mozilla thunderbird. can not send email
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@starrman wrote:

1st up:

2nd:

suggestions?

Starrman

Are the messages actual spam, or are they "message undeliverable" bouncebacks?

0 Likes