Re: Mozilla Thunderbird SSL Account Definitions for verizon.net Email Accounts
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@Ikeepaparrot wrote:

I want to know, and have been searching for some time now, the settings for using Thunderbird email program.  I absolutely despise Windows Live mail.  Thunderbird is close to Outlook Express and I want to use this program.  Sadly, Verizon seems to do everything it can to avoid giving any information or even speaking about how to set up Thunderbird to work in Verizon.  Is there someone out there who has any idea at all about how to set up TBird to use in Verizon???

Are you serious?! They're in the very first post in this thread.

Justin46
Legend

@somegirl wrote:

@Ikeepaparrot wrote:

I want to know, and have been searching for some time now, the settings for using Thunderbird email program.  I absolutely despise Windows Live mail.  Thunderbird is close to Outlook Express and I want to use this program.  Sadly, Verizon seems to do everything it can to avoid giving any information or even speaking about how to set up Thunderbird to work in Verizon.  Is there someone out there who has any idea at all about how to set up TBird to use in Verizon???

Are you serious?! They're in the very first post in this thread.

I too have been astounded (many times unfortunately) that people put a post in a thread, apparently without bothering to lot at any of the prior posts in the thread. But this one is so astounding that it make me go back and take a look at my own settings. I have this setting:

But I now wonder if some people, maybe lots or most, have it set for the "newest first", and then they just add a post to the topic without scrolling down to see the prior posts? If that is the case, maybe Verizon should consider removing this option, make it always "oldest first", and some of this lack of reading the entire thread might disappear?

Just a thought.....

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Ikeepaparrot

Thank you so much for your kind post.  I guess it may be hard to see some of the posts with one eye, so I beg your forgiveness for not seeing what I should have. Still, I am uable to make TBird work.

0 Likes
Ikeepaparrot

Again, my apologies for not being savvy about how this board works.  Apparently I have annoyed several of you.  Such a shame as I had hoped to find an answer to my continuing problem with Verizon and TBird.  I will not post again.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@Ikeepaparrot wrote:

Thank you so much for your kind post.  I guess it may be hard to see some of the posts with one eye, so I beg your forgiveness for not seeing what I should have. Still, I am uable to make TBird work.

Now I'm confused. Did you see the initial post or not? Seems like you are trying to say that you tried those settings and they didn't work. (If so, you have a very roundabout way of doing it.)

If that's the case, then we need to troubleshoot the issue with your client, not provide the settings.

0 Likes
Katz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've copied your seyttings with both Encrypted PW and Insecure PW.  No dice. In my case, Outlook Express doesn't  work either for incoming or outgoing, and I sent it through the Vz Eail troubleshooter.

Tshooter couldn't work with Tbird at all,. 

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbird SSL Account Definitions - Check For Updated Information
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@Katz wrote:

I've copied your settings with both Encrypted PW and Insecure PW.  No dice. In my case, Outlook Express doesn't  work either for incoming or outgoing, and I sent it through the Vz Eail troubleshooter.

Justin's original post is about 15 months old, and the settings are no longer the recommended settings.  Please make sure you check the dates on posts in order to find relevant changes.  If you start on the following page, you will eventually find the settings for your particular requirement:

http://www22.verizon.com/support/residential/internet/highspeed/email/setup+and+use/questionsone/867...

Katz
Enthusiast - Level 2

@armond_in_nj wrote:

@Katz wrote:

I've copied your settings with both Encrypted PW and Insecure PW.  No dice. In my case, Outlook Express doesn't  work either for incoming or outgoing, and I sent it through the Vz Eail troubleshooter.

Justin's original post is about 15 months old, and the settings are no longer the recommended settings.  Please make sure you check the dates on posts in order to find relevant changes.  If you start on the following page, you will eventually find the settings for your particular requirement:

http://www22.verizon.com/support/residential/internet/highspeed/email/setup+and+use/questionsone/867...

Please read through my posts,and  you would see that I can't send out mail with the new settings, and I'm trying to get back the old ones because they workedI've been forced to use webamil for my business for about a week, and I need to get back into Tbird.

0 Likes
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@Katz wrote:

@armond_in_nj wrote:

@Katz wrote:

I've copied your settings with both Encrypted PW and Insecure PW.  No dice. In my case ...

...  If you start on the following page, you will eventually find the settings for your particular requirement: 

Please read through my posts,and  you would see that I can't send out mail with the new settings, and I'm trying to get back the old ones because they workedI've been forced to use webamil for my business for about a week, and I need to get back into Tbird.

I just checked the other messages in this thread and find no other posts authored by you.  If you're suggesting that I should read all the posts you've authored in the past before responding to a particular post in a particular thread, then I'm afraid I will not be able to accommodate your wishes.  In any case, best regards and good luck with your issue.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Just to add my .02 cents to the discussion. 

It is possible for you to have EVERYTHING confugred right, and it still not work.

If that's the case, review your firewall and antivirus settings.

After your Mozilla application is installed or updated, your security software must be configured to allow Internet access. This may happen automatically, or you may have to do it. If you deny access, you must reconfigure the security software to allow access. No Web browser or any other program can control the firewall. If it could, that would completely bypass the security of the firewall.

Here are a few examples.

Thunderbird and Mozilla are exceptional at providing instructions for various firewall's. 

Firewalls - MozillaZine Knowledge Base

kb.mozillazine.org/Firewalls
Jan 12, 2012 – firewall can easily blockFirefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey without blocking Internet Explorer. Some firewalls provide detailed rules concerning ...