Verizon: Are you even monitoring this anymore?
AUA-Mark

Verizon:

I have not received a reply my postings above.  For the sake of decency, please reply.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon: Are you even monitoring this anymore?
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

This is a peer to peer support forum. You need to call Verizon directly for assistance.

0 Likes
Re: Overseas email access
AUA-Mark

One thing I have not seen mentioned regarding the lack of availability of Verizon email when out of the US is a related issue of accessing one's Verizon email via phone.  While here in Aruba, I can only receive my email on my Verizon phone if I have pay the extra charge for an (e.g. $25 per 100Mb) andf I use that plan to exchnabge mail.  If I turn off data roaming, etc. and attempt to get my email over a WiFi network, it does not work.  I believe that Verizon is also blocking emails to phones from IP addresses outside the US.  In so doing, they are forcing customers to use more data on their own plan.  Please check your own experiences and let the forum know!

0 Likes
AUA-Mark

I have indeed called Verizon.  Spent over 2 hours, spoke to 7 people.  NO ONE admitted that the IP addresses are being blocked.  They even connected me with Microsoft because they said it was an Outlook issue. 

This is, again, HORRIBLE customer service.

0 Likes
AUA-Mark

Do you have as number and a person I can directly talk to?

I am at the end of my rope in getting resolution to a problem Verizon has created.

0 Likes
Re: My work Around till Oversea access is fixed for email
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi AUA-Mark,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
AUA-Mark

I have indeed called Verizon.  Spent over 2 hours, spoke to 7 people.  NO ONE admitted that the IP addresses are being blocked.  They even connected me with Microsoft because they said it was an Outlook issue. 

0 Likes
shep123

Dear Moderator,

There are thousands of people who have been cut off from using Verizon e-mail while overseas. All Verizon e-mail users, in fact. How does it help to have one single person, AUA-Mark, have his "issue" "escalated" to a Verizon agent. If it does anything, this helps only one person. What is needed is something that helps all users.

In any case, if others' experiences reported here mean anything, all that "agent" will do is offer a fixed IP address (I think that's what it's called) for one hotel, which takes one hour on the phone with an agent (costing $$$ from overseas) and then takes so long to activate that the overseas traveler has moved on to another place. 

Verizon needs to do something to actually help. As this and other posts makes clear, we forum members cannot do anything on our own (short of leaving Verizon or using techie methods to forward e-mail to gmail, which messes up our Verizon e-mail collection when we return home). We need something more than pablum. 

0 Likes
rploeg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon, please post clealry on your support page for e-mail that pop mail servers are blocked for international access.  It would save us all a lot of hassle.  It took me almost an hour to discover via a tech support chat (which was hard to find!).  Only web mail works when abroad. We live in a global world, many of us travel frequently, so Verizon, don't keep it a secret and make us jump through hoops to learn the truth!

That being said, for those of us who have multiple e-mail services so we mail access is too inconvenient.  Plus the web access is clunkier to use.  For me, this makes a  compelling case to change to another mail service for primary e-mail.  Gmail works fine when abroad, there are probably others too.

0 Likes
cbeall21401
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sorry, but even webmail or MyVerizon wont work after the first time you access... just got back from Brussels and had no email the entire time.  Everytime I tried to login to my Residential verizon, I was re-directed to Verizon wireless (huh?).

I am on phone now & am being told to call and open a ticket with tech support and give them your itinerary, like credit card companies do.

... it is now 1 minute later and the "manager" says that this is no longer offered, and they don't want to open a ticket, since nobody will fix the problem!  That's one nifty way to hide a problem from management!!!

The official verizon workaround is to forward your mail to gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc...

The CSR finally created a ticket, but would only text it or e-mail it to me.  I am supposed to be called by someone in the next 24-48 hours to see about finding a solution. 

I moved my landline to PhonePower because verizon was a $50/month (with fees) ripoff, I moved my (250 channels with 235 crappy ones) TV to a Mohu leaf antenna and a Roku stick, and now I will start looking into dropping the last vestiges of my verizon account.

It's like Comcast 12 years ago, all over again... slowly reducing service & raising prices until they become useless.

This is completely ridiculous, particularly since no other providers have this stupid problem, and a company with the resources of Verizon can't find a solution?  I have one solution  -- fire the management!