Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

New email settings not working on my Mac

SOLVED
somegirl
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II

Re: New email settings not working on my Mac

Message 11 of 34
(3,793 Views)

Those (incoming/outgoing.verizon.net) are the old Verizon settings.

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
Bosun
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 12 of 34
(3,790 Views)

They work for me, but I will change to the new settings for the fourth or fifth time, send you a screen shot and hope they work.

SoTpaGrl
Contributor
Contributor

Message 13 of 34
(3,762 Views)

I had the same problem.  I finally got a Verizon rep to connect to my Mac and my MacMail and she was able to fix everything - all works well with the new settings, incoming and outgoing.  I have four e-mail accounts and she set them all correctly.

I did, however, get a second message again today that my settings are not updated.  I think Verizon is running behind??? 

tns2
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 14 of 34
(3,722 Views)

From the settings you show you need to change server names, port numbers, enable SSL, AND CHANGE APOP to Normal (clear) password.

JOSEm441
Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V

Message 15 of 34
(3,710 Views)

"I did, however, get a second message again today that my settings are not updated. I think Verizon is running behind"

MAny people that are using the updated settings as well as the old settings are reporting this. My guess is the emails are being sent out just as reminders, it would be very difficult for VZ to deternine who has the new settings and not send them the reminder. I am sure they are bracing for the onslaught in September when the new settings become the default.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, please give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem. Thanks !!!
http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Fix-for-Missing-Inbox-sent-folders-etc-with-Internet-Explorer-11/m-p/647399
tns2
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 16 of 34
(3,660 Views)

@JOSEm441 wrote:

"I did, however, get a second message again today that my settings are not updated. I think Verizon is running behind"

MAny people that are using the updated settings as well as the old settings are reporting this. My guess is the emails are being sent out just as reminders, it would be very difficult for VZ to deternine who has the new settings and not send them the reminder. I am sure they are bracing for the onslaught in September when the new settings become the default.

You may be running behind as you said. 

I think they are only doing it when the see logins to the old servers.  I have not gotten the message on my account which was changed last year.  But my mothers account, which is used like quarterly and was not changed, did get the message.  My brother said he got it on but had forgotten to change one of his devices, I think his ereader.

feudalmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Message 17 of 34
(3,588 Views)

the new settings DO WORK,  But verizon "how to scripts" don't mention Access rights

1. SSL make sure you check the box.

2. I noticed when it was failing, it didn't keep the 2nd password for outgoing(?) Go to your Keychain, delete all  old Verizon keychain files (old settings). 

3. Send mail, Keychain will prompt for password for the NEW outgoing password to send. Sends and receives fine now.

4. We may be in a small group with Keychain issues, My wife has 2 emails (keychain= 2 in, 2out) but had a dozen + chains from every attempt to get it set up.

Hope it help you all.

feudalmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Message 18 of 34
(3,477 Views)

****************CORRECTION******************************

Check the only use this server under account setting (on all accounts)

it removed the double server list and and it is working normally again.

Bosun
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 19 of 34
(3,365 Views)

Thanks for everyone's help, but I still have the same problem. Using your tips and Verizon's instructions, I changed what I thought were all the settings as the screen shots show. I restarted my Mac. I can receive email, but cannot send it, the little "gear" keeps spinning. Any further ideas?

Screen Shot 2013-07-21 at 7-21-8.17.09 AM.pngScreen Shot 2013-07-21 at 7-21-8.18.32 AM.png

Bosun
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 20 of 34
(3,364 Views)

And after reading the last post before mine, I went back and checked "Use only this server" under Outgoing Mail Server and restarted the Mac.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title