Re: New email settings not working on my Mac
margretb

I have the same problem. I spent  three hours on the phone with Verizon. The very nice tech fixed it, but mail stopped working again. I tried all of the great suggestions here, but none of them worked. I installed Thunderbird and have the e-mail forwarded to that account. The crazy thing is that I could go to webmail and get and send Verizon e-mail with no problem. But having spent a lot of time on some Apple community forums, this seems to be a huge problem and not just for Verizon. Ugh.

0 Likes
gmstewart
Enthusiast - Level 3

Find out it's Verizon's way to DISABLE ALL 3rd party email software (Eudora, Outlook, etc.); only Verizon's system works.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@chezstewart wrote:

Find out it's Verizon's way to DISABLE ALL 3rd party email software (Eudora, Outlook, etc.); only Verizon's system works.

Actually at this point all that I have seen posts for here do work for those using regular Verizon email.  There does appear to be trouble for some users with Verizon's Yahoo interface for Outlook 2003 users. 

Very few use Verizon's email client.

Eudora problem was solved by disabling apop.  The solution posted by jfadden is to add the following line to Eudora.ini in the section labelled [Settings]:

SmtpAuthBanished=CRAM-MD5

Jondo1
Don't try to change email port setting. Delete email acct. then start from scratch (add new acct.). I also went to key chain and deleted old mail acct. incoming/outgoing mail accts. I don't know if key chain had anything to do with it but mail works now.
0 Likes