New Email Settings on iPad
Dixiegentleman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have input the new settings into my email accounts on my iPad (IOS 5), but they do not work for incoming mail.  I am a Verizon DSL subscriber.  They seem to work fine for outgoing mail, but incoming produces an error message.  Has anyone been successful with these new settings on an iPad?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New Email Settings on iPad
Dixiegentleman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks to "thepas" in the thread "New SSL ports don't work with iPhone"!

Completely shutting down the iPad and then restarting the iPad fixes the problem, just like on the iPhone.

So you can make the port changes, then reboot, and "voila," it works!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Dixiegentleman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks to "thepas" in the thread "New SSL ports don't work with iPhone"!

Completely shutting down the iPad and then restarting the iPad fixes the problem, just like on the iPhone.

So you can make the port changes, then reboot, and "voila," it works!

0 Likes
Weavermags
I'm getting the following msg when I try to change the incoming server to the new pop.verizon.net per the new instructions: " the POP server "pop.verizon.et.net " doesn't support Authenticated POP (APOP) authentication." Can anyone help? No problem with the outgoing settings.
0 Likes
BruceShultes
I found on both my iPad 4 and my iPhone 4S that I could not just change the names of the pop and smtp servers on my current e-mail settings. Every time I tried, I received an error message that either the pop or smtp server could not be found.

What finally worked for me was to turn my FIOS e-mail account off and then add a new account with the new server names. Just in case that is not clear enough, under Mail accounts in settings, I selected my FIOS account and made it in-active, then I created the new Mail account.
0 Likes
Ameara19
I'm having the same problem...did you figure it out or find help?
0 Likes