Verizon net email settings
gnv
Enthusiast - Level 1

Location SOCAL I had inoperative Outlook email starting 3/25/13. Verizon service rep changed settings back to old settings of INCOMING to: incoming.verizon.net and OUTGOING to: outgoing.verizon.net. This was a change from a Verizon notice on 3/7/13 telling us to change INCOMING to: pop.verizon.net and OUTGOING to: smtp.verizon.net Works OK now with old settings. Are we now officially back to incoming.verizon.net and outgoing.verizon.net?

0 Likes
Re: New POP & SMTP routes down?
JJ142
Enthusiast - Level 2

Working with the "new, new" settings or the old settings?  I just changed to the old as advised and it works great.  Now what - wait until it stops working and switch again?  LOL.

0 Likes
hankl1
Contributor - Level 1

the new settings are working -

Server

Current Setting

New Setting

SSL Enabled

Port

POP3 Server

incoming.verizon.net

pop.verizon.net

YES

SMTP Server

outgoing.verizon.net

smtp.verizon.net

YES

0 Likes
Buzzy62

The new settings are NOT working for me in Florida.  It's been down since 10:49AM (Eastern) for me.  The OLD settings are working, but I'm not going to play ping-pong with my settings, so I'll just let it keep trying and use my web-mail for anything important that I need to addres immediately.

0 Likes
LAK90278
Enthusiast - Level 1

New settings also down for me, all day so far, here in So Cal.  Frustrating!

0 Likes
hankl1
Contributor - Level 1
They worked for me on Long Island, NY all day and my daughters email in northern NJ is now working.
0 Likes
Re: Verizon net email settings
linden12

I can use the 'incoming/outgoing' server settings, but my filter folders are gone.  Will the 'pop/smtp' sever settings be restored?  Has anyone gotten any information from Verizon?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon net email settings
Vrod1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Vernzon mail stopped working today for all my Mac Mail today.   The new pop, and smtp change suggested by Verizon no longer works.  Changing them back to incoming and outgoing works.   

Really surprised that a big name like Verizon can't get something as simple as email right.

0 Likes
PowerSeed

**bleep** in Pennyslvania

Out of desperation, after getting endless POP and SMTP servers timeouts, I deleted my old account and set up an identical new one. Dumb move!  Wiped my email sent folder and inbox. Duh! But it wouldn't have happened if this company had the courtesy to post outages as they occur. 

0 Likes
Buzzy62

@PowerSeed wrote:

**bleep** in Pennyslvania

Out of desperation, after getting endless POP and SMTP servers timeouts, I deleted my old account and set up an identical new one. Dumb move!  Wiped my email sent folder and inbox. Duh! But it wouldn't have happened if this company had the courtesy to post outages as they occur. 

The bigger a company gets, the less customer support there is.  It's a law of business these days.  The only time they (big companies) DO listen to the customers is when ENOUGH of them leave and it hits the bottom line (as always, that's money).  Otherwise, you, I, and all of the other unknown thousands are just empty voices that will not be heard nor compensated for their lack of services.

0 Likes