New user - want a Verizon.net email account. My username is my hotmail address, so am confused
tspnyc
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got Fios like 30 minutes ago - internet only.

I am giving up my ancient Road Runner account and I want to make a verizon.net email account to use with Outlook.

My username for my account ends in @hotmail.com.

I use that address for public internet stuff - gaming forums, people who do not know me personally, etc.

I want the verizon account for my personal email, family and friends etc.

But it seems odd I am supposed to set up an Outlook pop3 account for Verizon by using ~@hotmail.com as the user ID.

I certainly do not what to have to type out a long hotmail email address as my username every time I log in to check email. I assume I cannot have an address like  MYNAME@hotmail.com@verizon.net, nor do I want people getting an email from an address like that.

How must I proceed?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New user - want a Verizon.net email account. My username is my hotmail address, so am confused
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@tspnyc wrote:

In case another new customer has the same query - verizon.net email address no longer exist. The pre-existing ones are migrating to aol.com addresses.

They now expect new customers to find their own webmail solution like yahoo, MSN, Gmail, etc.

Not quite accurate.  True you can now only get AOL.COM addresses from their AOL subsidiary or their YAhoo subsidiary.  Or you can get one from services like gmail, apple or outlook.

@However existing user who migrate to AOL keep their @verizon.net email ids.  And they keep the same SMTP and POP servers or can switch POP to IMAP if they wish.

View solution in original post

Re: New user - want a Verizon.net email account. My username is my hotmail address, so am confused
tspnyc
Enthusiast - Level 1

In case another new customer has the same query - verizon.net email address no longer exist. The pre-existing ones are migrating to aol.com addresses.

They now expect new customers to find their own webmail solution like yahoo, MSN, Gmail, etc.

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@tspnyc wrote:

Not quite accurate.  True you can now only get AOL.COM addresses from their AOL subsidiary or their YAhoo subsidiary.  Or you can get one from services like gmail, apple or outlook.

@However existing user who migrate to AOL keep their @verizon.net email ids.  And they keep the same SMTP and POP servers or can switch POP to IMAP if they wish.