New Verizon Yahoo IMAP Settings or Migrate to AOL?
farandaway

Yahoo is apparently ending use of POP3 servers, and moving to IMAP only by March 31st.   Messages are coming from Yahoo that indicate that use of an email client, such as a phone or Outlook, will require IMAP.  However, there are no instructions or new IIMAP settings available for Verizon Yahoo.  Will the Verizon Yahoo service end?  Will a message be sent to Verizon Yahoo users about new settings before discontinuing POP3?     Will Verizon Yahoo users be moved to AOL?  I hope a Verizon employee can answer this.

0 Likes
Re: New Verizon Yahoo IMAP Settings or Migrate to AOL?
MsSusan1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also use Verizon Yahoo and did rec. a AOL NOTICE on my "dashboard" page but links in that page did not bring up instructions/settings for AOL migration. I had chosen to keep verizon.net e-mail with AOL.

As far as I know I did not rec. an E-MAIL from Verizon like some people are saying they have rec'd.

"Chat" with Verizon/Facebook rep. stated that my account was still with Yahoo and that no migrations to AOL would be done till Yahoo (merger?) is figured out. I'm confused about that statement since I had already seen NOTICE/AOL.

0 Likes
DoemPut

I am not sure what would happen to your account but to be safe you can go into the settings of your verizon account (not verizon yahoo) just plain verizon and locate a particular email setting option to unlink your verizon email from the yahoo portal, then your account will migrate to the verizon email system and you can wait until you recieve the aol email to do the second migration. When I did it a year or so ago it had 3 prompts/steps to go through, I dont remember where it is but if you look around in like account settings and find the email ones you should be able to find it.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Note that Yahoo decision is a bad idea.  There are good reasons for some of us to prefer POP.

I too would like them to clarify whether or not Verizon/Yahoo users need to migrate specifically to AOL or not.  I think its they don't but dont quote me.

0 Likes