No mail on iPad or iPhone
GailM

I can access my mail through the webmail page, but both Apple devices say the mail server pop.verizon.net is not responding. I have checked my settings and they are correct. 

0 Likes
Re: No mail on iPad or iPhone
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since lots of people have it working, check your settings.  Particularly your ports and that SSL is set.

Note that some people with apple devices mentioning having to delete there settings and defining them  again rather than modifying them.

remember this is peer to peer.

Verizons pages about email settings is on http://verizon.com/emailsettings

with a guide for Iphone, ipad etc here https://www.verizon.com/Support/Residential/Quick-Guides/Setup-Email-Mobile-Device.htm?pos=1

0 Likes
GailM

Yes, I've checked the settings and restarted both.

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

These procedures work for me.

To set up your Verizon Email in Apple iPhone and iPod Touch:
1. On home screen Tap the Settings app.
2. Select the Mail, Contacts, Calendars tab.
3. Tap on the Add Account... tab.
4. Tap on the Other tab.
5. Tap on the Add Mail Account tab.
o Enter your Full name in the Name field. This is the name that others will see when you send mail from this account.
o Enter your full Verizon email address in the Address field (example:username@verizon.net). If you forgot your username you can retrieve it online.
o Enter your password in the Password field. This is the password assigned to your Verizon username. If you forgot your password you can retrieve it online.
o Depending on the version of your iPhone software, the Description field may be automatically created with the name Verizon. You can change the description to anything you like.
o Once complete Tap the Next button on the top of the screen. Your iPhone may take a few seconds while it automatically determines your email settings. Please wait for this to finish.
6. Depending on the version of your iPhone software, the Incoming Mail Server and the Outgoing Mail Server may already be added. However, these settings may need to be changed based on the portal partner you have.
Ensure that pop.verizon.net is listed as the Host Name under the Incoming Mail Server section. If the Incoming Mail Server is not set as pop.verizon.net then simply Tap the field and correct it.
o If you are a Verizon Yahoo! Customer then Tap the Host Name field and type in incoming.yahoo.verizon.net as the Host Name
7. Your Outgoing Mail Server may already be listed as smtp.verizon.net in the SMTP field, however follow along with these next steps, as you will need to make changes in the following screen in order to send email. Also, if you use a Verizon portal partner you will need to modify the Outgoing Mail Server setting as well.
8. Tap on the SMTP field.
9. Click on the advanced tab, ensure that Use SSL is ON and Server Port should be set to 995.
10. Tap on the Primary Server tab (shown here as smtp.verizon.net)
11. If the Host Name is not smtp.verizon.net you can correct it here by tapping on the Host Name and typing the correct outgoing server information.
o If you are a Verizon Yahoo! Customer then Tap the Host Name field and type in outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net as the Host Name
12. Ensure that Use SSL is ON.
13. Tap on the Server Port field
14. Enter in 465 as the Server Port.
15. Ensure that Use SSL is ON.
16. Tap the Done button on the top of the screen.

To set up your Verizon Email in iPad:

• From the iPad home screen Tap the Settings app
• Select the Mail, Contacts, Calendars tab
• Tap on the Add Account... tab
• Tap on the Other tab
• Tap on the Add Mail Account tab
• Enter your Full name in the Name field. This is the name that others will see when you send mail from this account.
• Enter your full Verizon email address in the Address field (example: username@verizon.net). If you forgot your username you can retrieve it online
• Enter your password in the Password field. This is the password assigned to your Verizon username. If you forgot your password you can retrieve it online
• Depending on the version of your iPad software, the Description field may be automatically created with the name Verizon. You can change the description to anything you like.
• Tap the Next button on the top of the screen. Your iPad may take a few seconds while it automatically determines your email settings. Please wait for this to finish.
• Depending on the version of your iPad software, the Incoming Mail Server and the Outgoing Mail Server may already be added. However, these settings may need to be changed based on the portal partner you have.
Ensure that pop.verizon.net is listed as the Host Name under the Incoming Mail Server section. If the Incoming Mail Server is not set as pop.verizon.net then simply Tap the field and correct it.
• If you are a Verizon Yahoo! Customer then Tap the Host Name field and type in incoming.yahoo.verizon.net as the Host Name
• Your Outgoing Mail Server may already be listed as smtp.verizon.net in the SMTP field, however follow along with these next steps, as you will need to make changes in the following screen in order to send email. Also, if you use a Verizon portal partner you will need to modify the Outgoing Mail Server setting as well.
• Tap on the SMTP field.
• Click on the advanced tab, ensure that Use SSL is ON and Server Port should be set to 995.
• Tap on the Primary Server tab (shown here as smtp.verizon.net)
• If the Host Name is not smtp.verizon.net you can correct it here by tapping on the Host Name and typing the correct outgoing server information.
• If you are a Verizon Yahoo! Customer then Tap the Host Name field and type in outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net as the Host Name
• Ensure that Use SSL is ON.
• Tap on the Server Port field

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

FWIW,  I'm getting the error message this morning..."Unable to send or receive messages via pop.verizon.net, Invalid Login or Password" on a couple of Windows 7 computers.  My iPhone 6s is also unable to connect to the server.

I've seen this problem on occassion in the past and there's no doubt in my mind the problem lies with Verizon's server(s).  I wait for Verizon to fix it and hope it doesn't take too long.

0 Likes
GailM

yes, the problem corrected itself later in the day yesterday. I fussed with all the settings and that had no effect. Definitely an issue w/Verizon.

0 Likes
Burch2

I'm gettin error that usernam or password incorrect although nothing has changed.  Just started for me this morning.  It happened to my wife yesterday.  Verizon says there is issue with pop client and the "backend" team is working on it.  No ETA.

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

After several hours getting the pop server error message I tried an experiement that worked.

I have two Verizon email addresses.  Both were giving me the same error, but I could tell from the My Verizon website that neither account had any new messages.  So as an experiement I sent a test email message to each of my Verizon accounts from another (non-Verizon) email account.   As soon as that message was delivered Windows Live Mail and my iPhone both connected to the Verizon pop server and downloaded the message.  And since doing that, I'm no longer getting the server error message, even though those mailboxes are once again empty.

I have no idea why that trick worked or if it will work for anyone else reading, this but I'm passing along my experience just in case....

0 Likes
irbrenda
Contributor - Level 1

I've had issues all day with my Outlook and Verizon email on all of my accounts.   I keep closing Outlook and reopening it, the emails will work again and then a few bomb out sporadically throughout the day.   This has been since very early this morning and it continues this evening.  I get the POP server error message asking for the password, which is stored, always works, but when the error message appears, nothing works to correct it.

0 Likes
Wayne631

I spent yesterday on the phone with verizon, apple atempting to have my phone emails uploaded on my phone. Since the AOL conversion the incoming and out going emails are not functional. Verizon check the setting and claimed their ok, but the function is not working. Any suggestions?

0 Likes