No Webmail for four days
JDO

Is anyone else in WA experience the inability to access webmail?  I'm completely unable to sign on.

The support line indicates the engineers are working on the problem, but I've not heard an update. 

The online chat support person was unable to help - his words (and I'll quote him - Lonnie in chat session 04031093257) were :

Lonnie(08:15:18): I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. FiOS in your area is migrating from Verizon to Frontier Communications. As a result, Live Chat is not able to look-up and troubleshoot issues with FiOS services in your area. During this transition, please call 1-888-553-1555 and enter your FiOS Phone Number and you will be transferred to Frontier's Tech Support group. If you do not have a FiOS Phone Number, the next available agent will transfer you to Frontier Communications. At this time, there is not a direct phone number to provide."

So when I called that number, Frontier's Tech Support group said they couldn't help me since the merger isn't completed yet. 

I asked Lonnie to have his supervisor give me a call.  Nothing yet.

Just curious if anyone else has experienced this issue. 

0 Likes
Re: No Webmail for four days
BUICKGS68
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was told the same thing after being on hold for nearly an hour.  Nothing they could do for me, there was a transition underway.   It would appear that the transfer to Frontier is causing some problems - - my Verizon In-Home Agent stopped working, it now says "For Verizon Customers Only"'; No access to webmail or ability to transfer my Verizon Yahoo! email account to webmail; My online bill summary is out of whack, it brings up someone else's bill sometimes, other times it brings up mine.  The state of Oregon approved the transfer just a few weeks ago, and it would seem that things are definitely underway.  Nice to know that we've all been kept up to date on the changes, HA, HA. 

So basically, if you live in one of the 14 states that are being transitioned to Frontier, BEWARE.  Verizon isn't going to be much help, and more importantly, they don't have to be much help, because they won't be in charge of those markets anymore.  I went ahead and forwarded my contacts to a new hotmail account, kind of a hassle, but at least it works.  Let's hope that Frontier hits the ground running and things will return to normal.

erica12
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am in Lynnwood, WA.  My webmail was acting strange for a few days but now appears to be back to normal.  At first I was confused as to which id and password to use to log in.  My email, my account and wireless all have different log ins.  I just stuck with the email log in.  When I have been able to access my bill it shows I have an outstanding balance which was actually paid a month ago.  And just before all of this pandemonium began I made a double payment that does not show up.  I'll be curious to see how it is allocated.

0 Likes
John_Wolf
Enthusiast - Level 3

According to somegirl in my post regarding this issue - http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Email/Webmail-The-server-at-webmail-pn-verizon-com-is-taking-too-long/t...  You need to go to http://webmail.ncnetwork.net/ to login.  I wasn't aware that the Frontier deal was all said and done in the PNW states but apparently it is.

So they switch the webmail URL's and don't bother to notify customers, is this a sign of things to come for customer support once Frontier takes over completely?  I hope not...

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@John_Wolf wrote:

According to somegirl in my post regarding this issue - http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Email/Webmail-The-server-at-webmail-pn-verizon-com-is-taking-too-long/t...  You need to go to http://webmail.ncnetwork.net/ to login.  I wasn't aware that the Frontier deal was all said and done in the PNW states but apparently it is.

So they switch the webmail URL's and don't bother to notify customers, is this a sign of things to come for customer support once Frontier takes over completely?  I hope not...

If it was not verizon you would be surprised the name is still there.

0 Likes