not receiving email
sfrench913
Enthusiast - Level 1

keep getting an error message: Receiving reported error(0x800ccc92): Your email server rejected your login

please help. Can't receive emails on my phone as well,

Re: not receiving email
Costa1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also having this problem with two different accounts in the family.  Login rejected, yet going through Webmail access, login/password just fine. 

Costa1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update: It seems secondary accounts from the original Verizon.net email are the ones being affected.  The AOL SMTP server appears to be changing the addressing of the clients and shifting it to Yahoo.  Even after manually changing it, deleting the account from Outlook 2016 completely, removing it as an account in Windows, etc. (yes, cleared cache files, etc.), still the change occurs.  Only logical item left since the Primary email address works and so do other email services in my client, AOL's mail service. 

I have done this for two email accounts that have primary and secondary email addresses.  Only the secondary stopped working this week.

No help is provided at all from AOL or Verizon.

riffraff19
Enthusiast - Level 1

same exact thing here. Finally seeing some dialogue on this subject. I get same errors on desktop and phone..

I am able to get webmail through AOL

I also did not receive any notes about changes etc

tried changing the POP incoming and outgoing but nothing

0 Likes
Re: Verizon.net Email Login Issue
Xtremegreen

I would just like to say "thank you"! I had not had any problems with my email client until January 4th when emails stopped loading. I added my account to 2 other email clients and couldn't get them to load. Then I came across this forum. I don't remember ever receiving any info about a 3rd party password, but it worked. As soon as I used it the emails started pouring in. Thank you all again!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon.net Email Login Issue
Xtremegreen

From what I read the password is good in your email client until you disconnect it from aol or delete the program, etc. Then you would have to set up a new one. You continue to use your actual password when logging on to aolmail. This is just a behind the scenes password in the account setup of your email client.

0 Likes
Re: not sending email
Fredd11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Issue sending/receiving email. AOL had me change my password yesterday and receiving now works but I'm still unable to send email. the SMTP request times out.

0 Likes
Fredd11
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Apple email client has the same issue with the SMTP request failing by timing out after 2 min. I'm beginning to think the problem may lie with verizon servers.

0 Likes
Re: not sending email
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

All of the bugs I was experiencing were resolved by changing the account settings from POP to IMAP.

Fredd11
Enthusiast - Level 2

BTW, this is on my primary email (I have no other accounts with verizon/AOL).

0 Likes