Verizon email not downloading again with MS outlook.
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

Not getting emails. I dont want to pay AOL.

i didnt change anything.  Email is not downloading on MS Outlook or on my phone's email app.  Hasnt worked since yesterday 7pm ET. Can anyone there help. AOL always wants money for help and I didnt change any settings. Other Verizon customers have issues too because I saw their posts. How can we get help?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon email not downloading again with MS outlook.
Success3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been struggling with the same issue for several days, but have finally found a way of making things work again.  My PC app for email is eM Client, but the solution may work well for other email programs.  Here is what I did:  On the app's menu I clicked "Accounts", and then "Add account".  I tried the first option, "Automatic Setup", but it didn't work.  So I went to the next option, "Mail".  There I found icons of various mail providers, including AOL.  I clicked AOL and followed the directions, using the same user name, email and password that I had used before.  Lo and behold, it worked!  I did the same for my wife's account, same result!  The parameters have changed - for example, I now have imap instead of pop3.  But I couldn't care less as long as it works!  I suggest you try it with whatever app you are using and, if successful, post it here for others to use.

Re: not receiving email
Blueconnect
Enthusiast - Level 3

One of my two email accounts stopped working Jan 27th.  Not accepting the password.  Like so many others, don't remember seeing a notice about upcoming changes.  I pay Verizon for this service so I don't care who the actual provider is. Having said that, our accounts were transferred to AOL services and have been working fine until Jan 27th. I've logged into the AOL site and tried the app password route, no change. Both accounts are set as POP and SMTP @verizon.net and as stated one account still works fine.   Beginning to wonder if this has anything to do with the sale of AOL and Yahoo to private equity firm Apollo Global Management.  Again to me this is still Verizon's issue as they are the one selling the service. 

Verizon, whats the fix and what are your plans for internet e-mail services?

0 Likes
Blueconnect
Enthusiast - Level 3

You changed your email client settings to  imap and did not have to use the AOL One Time app password. Is this correct? Worth a try.

0 Likes
Success3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did not change anything - I let the AOL icon do all the work.  I only found out that pop3 was changed to imap when I looked at the new settings, after the system was working properly again.  

0 Likes
Blueconnect
Enthusiast - Level 3

The rest of your server settings were still verizon.net?

To bad they only provide some to the required info.

https://help.aol.com/articles/how-do-i-set-up-other-email-applications-to-send-and-receive-my-verizo...

And still not working.

0 Likes
Success3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just checked the new settings that are working for me, and here they are:

imap

Host:  imap.aol.com

Port:  993

Security Policy:  Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)

smtp

Host:  smtp.aol.com

Port:  465

Security Policy:  Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)

Again, let me say that I did not set any of these manually - clicking the AOL icon under "Mail" did the job.  But I see no harm in trying to replicate these manually to see what happens.  If it works, do post it for others to use.

0 Likes
Blueconnect
Enthusiast - Level 3

Were your original setting     pop.verizon.net     and     smtp.verizon.net?

0 Likes
Success3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, they were.  Actually, they still are on the original accounts.  The old accounts are still there, they are just not working.  The AOL icon created new accounts, as requested, but did not kill the old ones.  Given that all this only took place today, I am letting the old accounts remain for a while just in case something goes wrong with the new ones.  As they don't work, they don't bother me.

0 Likes
Blueconnect
Enthusiast - Level 3

No joy.    I do use Thunderbird for my client but that should not make any difference.  I'll try more tomorrow. 

This is still Verizon's issue they are the overall service provider..

0 Likes