Outbound e-mails blocked in Outlook
mermaid_dream
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm using Outlook V14.0.2 for Mac and suddenly outbound messages became blocked again.  Had problem previously more than a month ago when Port 25 was blocked so changed to port 587 and all was well.  Suddenly this problem has reappeared again and with Port set ot 587 outbound e-mails are again blocked.  Does anyone have a similar problem?   

Re: Outbound e-mails blocked in Outlook
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

The new server numbers are:

POP (incoming) : 995

SMTP(outgoing): 465

In addition to changing the servers, the you must also check the box that states: "This server requires an encrypted connected (SSL)" for both POP3 and SMTP.

0 Likes
mermaid_dream
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anthony_VZ,

Thanks for your reply but I still cannot get this going.  If I change the outgoing port to 465 and check the secure SSL option, it simply times out and still never sends the message.  So, I tried all combinations -- setting the new port numbers as you have suggested for both incoming and outgoing, turning SSL both on, then off and nothing seems to work for the outbound messages.  I am OK on inbound and even if I reset the incoming port to 995, messages come in on port 110.  So, problem still exists for my outbound messages. 

Any other suggestions?  I am using a MAC and the version of Outlook is 14.0.2.  All had been working fine so something must have changed on the verizon side.

Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Are you using a Verizon email address? Also if theres any current messages in the outbox they need to be deleted in case one is hanging up the system.

0 Likes
mermaid_dream
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anthony_VZ,

Yes, I am using a Verizon e-mail address:  XX@verizon.net.  There are no e-mails in the outbound box.  I had already deleted for the same reason you suggested.  It is a POP account set up on Outlook.  All had been working very well until about 5-6 days ago when the outbound e-mails became blocked.  I have tried restarting the computer, complete power down then up.  Still no ability to get outboud messages out of Outlook with either Port 25 default or override to Port 587, or with or without the SSL set.  What has changed on the Verizon side?

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

When you say they are "blocked" - what do you mean by that? Can we get a copy of the error you are receiving?