Outlook for MAC no longer getting or able to send mail
Lou_G1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ever since Verizon announced they were getting rid of e-mail, I haven't been able to getv v or send e-mail from Outlook for MAC 2016 (15.34.00) or I-Mail app. Keep getting 3253 error. Still talking with Microsft and sent them the log files today but find it funny this didn't start to happen until discontinuance of e-mail service was announced.  Took off SSL for both incoming and sending, switched server names to pop.verizon.net and smtp.verizon.net, but didn't help. Has anybody else had this problem? 

0 Likes
Re: Outlook for MAC no longer getting or able to send mail
Forecastdude1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I have and V plays rope a dope.  They referr you to AOL and if you can retrieve mail via mail.aol.com they say no problem on our end and referr you to a pay tech service.  Oh you have a "free" AOL account and we don't support active tech services on that.  FREE...REALLY.  Verizon forced me into AOL and it isn't free nor did they lower our bills for not hosting email.  Funny thing after on line chat with Microsoft, Verizon tech and then going to Apple store and using WiFi everything worked but my Apple store is not on a Fios customer.  Go to Starbucks on my way home and all email downloads to my Macbook pro as it did 3 weeks prior.  How is this NOT a Verizon problem?  Visited a neighbor who is a Fios customer and an't get email when connected to their MOCA either.  Verizon admit their is a probelm and that you don't support Apple PC's.  Refund our $'s for lack of service as I have spent over 20 hours between email, chats, in store support and redoing setups 100's of times.  Sorry Verizon a 10+ year customer is going to Xfinity where I can actaully touch a person for help and they have hotspots all over vs very few on Verizon.  Sad to see that your service is not improving as time goes on.  TV on-demand libraary much smaller than Xfinity...no Voice remotes, can't download DVR content to my laptop for off line viewing, and on and on.  Verizon is no longer the best for us Mac users!

Re: Outlook for MAC no longer getting or able to send mail
Lou_G1
Enthusiast - Level 2

That mightvbe the only thing to do. 

0 Likes