Re: Outlook email suddenlystopped working 5 days ago -help
irbrenda
Contributor - Level 1

Yes, my Outlook has several email accounts and sub accounts, and each one of them has had issues the past few days, but so far not today for the first time.   I've had constant  issues with the passwords.  I would have to close out of Outlook, and then it would work but sporadically.   And yes, all was fine on Webmail, not on Outlook.

0 Likes
lydlen1

Have been having very similar problem since Friday 2/12, using Thunderbird. 

Can contact pop server. Tells me number of messages on server, then says "no messages to download".  Downloads a single 2/12 message each time you try (same message).

Worse yet: Have transitioned to AOL web mail, but it will not SEND messages. Verizon web mail is vanishing shortly.

0 Likes
Re: OUTLOOK receive messages
lydlen1

Similar problem using Thunderbird.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@lydlen1 wrote:

Have been having very similar problem since Friday 2/12, using Thunderbird. 

Can contact pop server. Tells me number of messages on server, then says "no messages to download".  Downloads a single 2/12 message each time you try (same message).

Worse yet: Have transitioned to AOL web mail, but it will not SEND messages. Verizon web mail is vanishing shortly.

Once they switch over your account on Verizon webmail disappears.  You are given a Special link over to AOL for you to signup

I use Thunderbird and have not seen the problems you mentioned.  All my messages are downloaded each time it connects.

I also tried AOL Web mail compose as well as normal Thunderbird and android email, and had no trouble sending.

0 Likes
Verizon email not working since Feb 9 in Outlook
alincali

Anyone have any suggestions on how to restart getting my Verizon emails using Outlook?  Since Feb 9, I have been unable to receive any of my Verizon emails. 

0 Likes
pmara1

I have the same problem receiving mail in outlook.com. This has been occuring since 2/9/2016. Called Verizon and Tech connected with my computer and we both checked settings which were correct.

Trying to talk to a live person on Outlook is fruitless and their support techs are useless, suggesting different solutions which do not work.

I have checked forums on Outlook and Verizon and there are numerous subscribers experiencing the exact problems and there doesn't seem to be a definitive answer or solution.

Does anyone have any answers?

0 Likes
Raregem

Mine has been down since Feb 13.  Log in to Yahoo, my email, and it sends me to VerizonWebmail.  Which brings up a Yahoo page that says Server is Unavailable.  Try back later.  Same since then.  Someone called me yesterday and said techs said it would be fixed today.  GUESS WHAT....THEY LIED!!!  Many have the same problem since last week.  They've totally screwed everything up trying to convert to AOL Webmail.  They don't know what they're doing.  If they don't fix it soon, Verizon is going to have a MASS EXODUS!!  They're not the only game in town. 

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

YAHOO users seemed to have a problem.  Probably caused by switch to AOL servers from Verizon servers.

0 Likes
bcaccavale1

I've been having the same problem with Outlook.com as everyone else. Yesterday I set up POP email access through my Gmail account. So far it is working. There is some difference between Gmail and Outlook. Perhaps a security certificate?

I would prefer to use Outlook, but I hope this information helps others!

0 Likes
Will41

Dear Verizon, Please give us an answer as to what is the problem and when will it be fixed. Thank you.

0 Likes