OUTLOOK receive messages
Betsy26

as of 2/9/16, I cannot receive email in outlook. It sends fine, but does not receive, says an error with ID or password.  Which has not changed.  i can use the information and sign in on the verizon site.  Anyone have any ideas why?? is Verizon working with something? Help.

0 Likes
Re: OUTLOOK receive messages
pneborg
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am experiencing the same issue with my verizon based email account. As of Monday 2/8 around 9pm, I am getting

We couldn't sign in to your POP3 server. Please make sure your username and password are correct.

[ Server Response: -ERR Invalid Login or Password ]

I have not changed my email account's password. I am able to access my email through verizon's portal via my browser. I have attempt to readd my verizon email account using incoming:
  • pop.verizon.net 995, requires ssl, leave a copy of message on the server
  • my validated user id and password,
  • smtp.verizon.net port 465, required ssl, and use same username and password to send and receive

The above settings are the same I have had in place for years. Now it stopped working on verizon's end, why?

Patrick

0 Likes
Will41

I have the same issue and it started at the same time.

I have wasted so much time trying to get the Outlook.com add account - send and receive for my Verizon POP mail working again.  Is it an Outlook.com problem or a Verizon POP mail problem?

All my settings are correct per the Verizon's recommendation and the auto population by Outlook.com.

What happened and why is it necessary?

0 Likes
pneborg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please see my reply in an alternate post about what support told me (don't want to duplicate the message here)

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Verizon-Yahoo-Email-no-longer-working/td-p/810751

cga9
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue.  Outlook stopped receiving Verizon e-mails a couple of days ago.  Tried changing  both Verizon and Microsoft passwords, using alternate bwowsers, etc.  Nothing worked.  Hope Verizon resolves this quickly.

Chris

0 Likes
irwinm

I have been having the same issues since sometime Tuesday night - still not working with outlook as of a few minutes ago. This is how I access my Verizon account on all my iOS devices since it is not imap and it has worked fine until that time - all server and port information and passwords are correct - even changed my password and that didn't help.

There is obviously a broader issue here - Verizon should address and update.

0 Likes
stevedib
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has anyone received any updates on this?  I have been having the same issues since Monday night using Outlook on my PC's, iphone and ipad.  I can see an outage for a day or so, but we are going on 4 days and I need my email?!?! 

0 Likes
Techdave
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon is having issues with POP clients accessing their Email Servers. They advised me access my email via webmail.verizon.com or use the MyFios app to access my email on mobile devices. That has worked for me so far.

0 Likes
stevedib
Enthusiast - Level 1

Still no update on this?  This is ridiculous!  Monday will be a week!

0 Likes
Outlook email suddenlystopped working 5 days ago -help
Magster4

Incoming and outgoing Outlook email suddenly stopped working on 2/10/16. Verizon techs say "under maintenance." Two techs assisted remotely to be sure my email was set up correctly (it was/is). Phone calls only yield canned answer about maintenance and that it would be up and running next day.  I've had two "next days" that didn't come. Verizon webmail works, of course (of course), but I want to use Outlook. Has anyone else run into this? Thanks.

0 Likes