passwords
brf720

Hello,

Is there a setting I can change so that I do not have to type my user name and password everytime I go to my verizon home page and try to get my emails?? Its very annoying.. Any help is appreciated. I just got Verizon yesterday. Thanks!! Brian

0 Likes
Re: passwords
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 If you are using the web based screen: What web browser are you using? I am using Fire Fox 3.6.13

#2 Otherwise, what POP3/SMTP e-mail are you using? And what OS and Version? For example Windows XP Home SP3

0 Likes
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

Click on the following for directions for Auto Complete if you're using Internet Explorer.

http://www.ehow.com/how_6833551_set-up-autofill-computer.html

Holly

Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

Earlier I had sent you an email stating that you could follow the directions for Auto Complete if you have Internet Explorer. However, this will not work on the sign in Verizon Home page. Somehow Verizon has blocked the Auto Complete for this page. You also can't do this for the Verizon Forum if you use the Community Only User Id as I do. However, it will work for the Verizon webmail page, which I have been using more and more, as it is so much easier to click on and go right to your email page. We have written to Verizon Feedback about this. When the old Verizon page was still on I was able to do Auto Complete on the new Verizon Sign in page that we have now. However, I just recently did all my auto sign ins over and am no longer able to to do auto complete for the Verizon sign in page. I will either be using the Verizon webmail page for my home page now or will use another home page other than the Verizon home page and keep the webmail page in my favorites. I don't like my User ID  on the Verizon sign in page or whoever last used my computer's name on the Verizon sign in page either.

Hopefully more people will complain about this by completing the Verizon feedback and stating they are unhappy with not being able to use auto complete on the Verizon sign in page. The Verizon Homepage is of no value to me as I will and do get my news from other internet pages,especially when Verizon blocks IE Auto Complete.

0 Likes
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

After doing the Auto Complete for the Verizon Webmail page, you can either put this in your favorites,as I stated in an earlier message, or on the Verizon Sign in Home Page go down a little from the sign in boxes and click on Check Email ( Quick Links)  and this will take you directly to the sign in page for Verizon webmail, where you can click on your auto completed User ID and Password. The only thing you are missing is your own Verizon Home Page with a preview of your emails.

Holly

0 Likes