Problem sending Pictures via Text to Cell Phone / email
Anak1
Contributor - Level 1

Quote:
And, finally to our gmail account, four of the pic's for a total of 443KB made it, the other four were replaced with empty icons. The total of all eight (about 1MB) should not have exceeded attachment limits for our gmail.
End Quote:

The fact remains that my brother was using his “wireless” device, BUT, he was trying to send it through my residential product and service offered by Verizon. My Vz ISP fios service to my web based email.

And my question remains; Do you know of any filtering that Vz would use in a situation like that?!?

0 Likes
Re: Problem sending Pictures via Text to Cell Phone / email
PJL
Master - Level 3

@Anak wrote:

Quote:
And, finally to our gmail account, four of the pic's for a total of 443KB made it, the other four were replaced with empty icons. The total of all eight (about 1MB) should not have exceeded attachment limits for our gmail.
End Quote:

The fact remains that my brother was using his “wireless” device, BUT, he was trying to send it through my residential product and service offered by Verizon. My Vz ISP fios service to my web based email.

And my question remains; Do you know of any filtering that Vz would use in a situation like that?!?

If four of the attachments made it, then Verizon isn't doing anything to stop the email process.  Either the message would go (intact) or not go at all if Verizon were doing something.  A single email without or without attachments is considered a single entity by email systems.  The attachments are embedded in the message itself.  This is a Google issue, not Verizon. 

0 Likes
Anak1
Contributor - Level 1

PJL did you read my first attempt at asking my question on this?? http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Problem-sending-Pictures-via-Text-to-Cell-Phone-email...

This started between two phone services. Vz would not accept any tries to send from my brothers phone to me or my wife. So it is not entirely googles' fault. there is something there between ATT and Vz or the phone settings.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@Anak wrote:

PJL did you read my first attempt at asking my question on this?? http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Problem-sending-Pictures-via-Text-to-Cell-Phone-email...

This started between two phone services. Vz would not accept any tries to send from my brothers phone to me or my wife. So it is not entirely googles' fault. there is something there between ATT and Vz or the phone settings.

I read the initial post and this one. The initial post says you were trying to receive via text message, and this one says email. Was he trying to text the picture to your cell phone, or email it to your verizon.net address? (The message being received at the Gmail address with half of the pictures is not a Verizon issue at all.)

Texting is a wireless issue, and should be posted on the wireless boards.

Email would require more information. Did he get a bounceback message? Have you checked your spam folder and bolocked sender settings on webmail?

0 Likes