Problem with FiOS Notifications Email Forwarding Voice Message on AOL servers
RetiredITGuy1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I currently have a set an option on Verizon to forward all Verizon Voice Messages to one of my verizon.net email address that now resides on the AOL servers.  Sometime between January 22nd and January 28th, 2018, all of the emails from "Verizon FiOS Notifications" have always 1, and sometimes 2, "[SPAM]" inserted in the Subject area prior to the Subject created by Verizon.  Those emails that have 2 "[SPAM]" inserted are delayed up to 24 hours before appearing in my Inbox on the AOL servers.  There is NO options set in the "Spam Settings" for the email on the AOL servers.  Has anyone else experienced this problem and/or have any idea what may be causing this problem?

0 Likes
Re: Problem with FiOS Notifications Email Forwarding Voice Message on AOL servers
luskwater1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, my wife has called my attention to the "[SPAM]" header. The mail itself has been tagged by resmailbag02.managedmail.com, which somehow is now filtering Verizon's outbound mail.

X-Spam-Flag: YES
X-Spam-Score: 8.3 (++++++++)
X-Spam-Report: Spam detection software, running on the system "resmailbag02.managedmail.com", has identified this incoming email as possible spam.
  The original message has been attached to this so you can view it or label similar future email.
  If you have any questions, see @@root@managedmail.com@@ for details.
  Content preview:
  A new message has arrived in your xxx-xxx-xxxx mailbox. Sender:
    "Cell Phone PA from xxx-xxx-xxxx" Recipient: xxx-xxx-xxxx Type: Voicemail
    Subject: 11 sec voice message You may access your Verizon FiOSŽ Digital Voice
    online account manager by visiting www.verizon.com/fiosvoice. [...]
   Content analysis details:
   (8.3 points, 5.0 required)
   pts rule name
              description ---- ---------------------- --------------------------------------------------
  2.6 RCVD_IN_SBL
            RBL: Received via a relay in Spamhaus SBL
                             [198.181.90.199 listed in zen.spamhaus.org]
  0.7 SPF_NEUTRAL
            SPF: sender does not match SPF record (neutral)
  0.0 HTML_MESSAGE
           BODY: HTML included in message
  1.1 MIME_HTML_ONLY
         BODY: Message only has text/html MIME parts
  2.0 BASE64_LENGTH_79_INF
   BODY: base64 encoded email part uses line length
                              greater than 79 characters
  0.6 HTML_MIME_NO_HTML_TAG
  HTML-only message, but there is no HTML tag
  1.3 RDNS_NONE
              Delivered to internal network by a host with no rDNS

Interesting that all this spam-ish stuff is probably under Verizon's control.

Re: Problem with FiOS Notifications Email Forwarding Voice Message on AOL servers
RetiredITGuy1
Enthusiast - Level 2

NOTE: After about a 1 1/2 hour+ troubleshooting session on 01/31/2018 with FiOS Support, I now have a open "Trouble Ticket" with Verizon.  It has been determined that the problem is indeed internal to Verizon.  I anticipate that I will have a response within 7 days (although Verizon indicates in an email to me that it will be "repaired" by 9:00 pm today [02/01/2018]).  We shall see.

Voicemail Notification Email
jumpin68

Recently I started getting verizon FIOS voice mail notification email messages with the word [SPAM] in the subject along with New Messages from.

My wife informed me she no longer gets the email notification on her VZ email account.  When I called Tech Support they said the problem is my email provider but I mentioned emails to VZ aren't even being delivered.  They are investigating. 

Has anyone else seen this?

0 Likes
dj2468
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I've been seeing the same problem. I just took a look at the email headers to figure out who's inserting the [SPAM] text into the subject line but didn't recognize the server 'resmailbag02.managedmail.com'.

Thanks for posting this!

-David

RetiredITGuy1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Interesting occurrence in regards to this problem.  Received 3 voice messages on my Verizon FiOS Landline today.  When emails were sent to my Verizon email address, 2 of the emails had [SPAM] in the front of the "normal Subject" generated by Verizon and 1 DID NOT - just the "normal Subject".

I was hoping to attach a MS Word document showing the "headers" on all 3 emails but can't find a way of doing so in this forum. 

0 Likes
ToddSimons
Contributor - Level 1

...I can't foward my vmail WAV's back to my VERIZON WIRELESS phone!!

0 Likes
mikemrossi
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue

0 Likes
RetiredITGuy1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Todd, Would you please provide an explanation of the process that you are going through in order to forward a Verizon voice .wav file to your cellphone - i.e are you: (1) trying to forward the email containing the .wav file, (2) send the .wav file directly to your cellphone, or (3) some other process?  The explanation might assist in discovering what the problem is and suggesting a resolution.

0 Likes
RetiredITGuy1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please note that the server 'resmailbag02.managedmail.com' is a server within MCI Communication Services, Inc d/b/a Verizon Business.  This problem appears to be really within Verizon itself (or amongst the various organizational units of Verizon).