Re: Problem with FiOS Notifications Email Forwarding Voice Message on AOL servers
ToddSimons
Contributor - Level 1

"When it Works"

My verizon voicemail goes to my gmail by default.   Then in my gmail I have a filter/foward rule for those emails to forward them to xxxyyyzzzz@vzwpix.com    When forwarded it turns into a MMS text and you can play the wave right from the text message, or at least I can on my samsung 🙂

0 Likes
Re: Problem with FiOS Notifications Email Forwarding Voice Message on AOL servers
ToddSimons
Contributor - Level 1

agree

0 Likes
vitifera

Yeah, I have gmail and it's happening for me, as well. It's not going into my Spam folder; it's just marked [SPAM] in the subject line. First time it happened, my voicemail failed to show up in my email or on my phone (blinking light) until 24 hours later. Then all my voicemail started coming in tagged Spam.

0 Likes
jaffeb

Me, too. And it's from my mother, my pharmacy, my friends. Not [SPAM]. Has anyone figured out what to do about it?

0 Likes
ElKayNY

I've been getting the [SPAM] tag on all my Verizon messages in my Yahoo email. And then today, while searching in my spam box for an email someone had sent I noticed three recent voicemails that were in there--I had no idea that was happening. This is a broken system and I hope it's being fixed, although it seems to be taking a long time.

0 Likes
nyc_IT_guy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have noted that the headers show this is Verizon's own outbound email servers.  Before this problem started, Verizon's email came from 'mailbag2.bizmailsrvcs.net' but once they switched to a new system, resmailbag02.managedmail.com, the problem started.  Seems obvious that the new spam filtering system is not configured correctly.

I have submitted two very detailed trouble tickets with them but still no resolution.  They claim this is happening on the receiving side, which it is NOT.  Come on Verizon, your Digital Voice and Email Teams needs to get their act together.  This has been a problem for months.  You're looking pretty incompetent.

RetiredITGuy1
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is apparent that Verizon does NOT consider this to be an important issue for them since they have known about the problem since 01/31/2018 - when I opened my 1st ticket on the problem - and several of us have given them sufficient information and documentation that would have led to a quick resolution had they chosen to put ANY resources (i.e. technical support personnel) on it.  Perhaps, if they see that a significant portion of their customer base is experiencing this problem, then they will take appropriate action(s) to resolve it.

0 Likes
RetiredITGuy1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have received several emails - starting on 3/28/2018  - from Verizon FiOS relating to & containing Voice Messages that have been left for my land line number that no longer have [SPAM] at the beginning of the Subject.  Has anyone else observed that the problem indentified in my first posting on this subject MAY have been remedied (i.e. you have recieved MORE THAN ONE recent email with a Voice Message attachment that does not contain [SPAM] in the subject)?

0 Likes
nyc_IT_guy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, it was fixed on March 22.  I was able to reach the right people at Verizon and they were able to fix it within a day or two.  I’m very glad they fixed it!

0 Likes