Re: Problem with new settings for Windows Live Mail
BruceH2

I am trying to rebuild my mother-in-law's PC and am having problems configuring Windows Live Mail to access her Verizon.Net email account.  Her PC was corrupted otherwise I would have written down the other settings.

I have tried all of the settings on the blog posts and cannot get them to work.  It keeps prompting for a password, even though I can logon to webmail with that password.

What are the options to connect Windows Live 2011 email client to Verizon's email service?  I would like to try a few since it appears that teh standard set that are published simply do not work. 

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@BruceH wrote:

I am trying to rebuild my mother-in-law's PC and am having problems configuring Windows Live Mail to access her Verizon.Net email account.  Her PC was corrupted otherwise I would have written down the other settings.

I have tried all of the settings on the blog posts and cannot get them to work.  It keeps prompting for a password, even though I can logon to webmail with that password.

What are the options to connect Windows Live 2011 email client to Verizon's email service?  I would like to try a few since it appears that teh standard set that are published simply do not work. 

Update to Windows live (essentials) 2012. 

There is a strange bug in Windows Live that causes this and is hard to get at.  Try using seperate password entries (same value of course) for send and receive.

The general settings are all covered in http://verizon.com/emailsettings

0 Likes
skrowe
Enthusiast - Level 2

I changed the setting in windows Live Mail and it did not work had to go back to old settings. 

0 Likes
skrowe
Enthusiast - Level 2

These are the new setting that verizon wants us to use. 

0 Likes