problems with email account
emelki19681

Hello.

I am having problems with my Mac email account. I think that by mistake I linked my account to Verizon.com email and now when I open my Macmail it gives me the following message:

"There may be a problem with the mail server or network. Verify the settings for account “Verizon” or try again.
The server returned the error: Mail was unable to connect to server “incoming.yahoo.verizon.net” using SSL on port 995. Verify that this server supports SSL and that your account settings are correct.

There may be a problem with the mail server or network. Verify the settings for account “Verizon” or try again.
The server returned the error: Mail was unable to connect to server “incoming.yahoo.verizon.net” using SSL on port 995. Verify that this server supports SSL and that your account settings are correct."

How can I undo it? I don't want to connect my Mac mail account to Verizon.

Thank you very much for all your help.

Luis

0 Likes
Re: problems with email account
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@emelki1968 wrote:

Hello.

I am having problems with my Mac email account. I think that by mistake I linked my account to Verizon.com email and now when I open my Macmail it gives me the following message:

"There may be a problem with the mail server or network. Verify the settings for account “Verizon” or try again.
The server returned the error: Mail was unable to connect to server “incoming.yahoo.verizon.net” using SSL on port 995. Verify that this server supports SSL and that your account settings are correct.

There may be a problem with the mail server or network. Verify the settings for account “Verizon” or try again.
The server returned the error: Mail was unable to connect to server “incoming.yahoo.verizon.net” using SSL on port 995. Verify that this server supports SSL and that your account settings are correct."

How can I undo it? I don't want to connect my Mac mail account to Verizon.

Thank you very much for all your help.

Luis

That error states that the mail is trying to access the Verizon email server. From the sound of your post, your not using a Verizon email address right?

Now if you are using a Verizon email address, then the problem is that you have SSL checked. Verizon servers do not use SSL so you would need to uncheck that option in the settings

If your not using a Verizon email address, then the problem is that your incoming server is incorrect. You need to enter the correct incoming server for what ever Email address you are using.