Problems with email after signing up for 'keep my email'
Norahsnet
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am really frustrated and need some assistance.  At the end of August I signed up with keepmyemail.com in order to allow all of my family members to keep their email address. A few days later I canceled the remainder of my Verizon services, and at that time confirmed that everything was all set with respect to keeping our email addresses.  About one week later all of our email addresses were "suspended" and being bounced back to the sender.  I could not send or receive emails.  

I spent numerous hours (at least 10) on the telephone trying to get a resolution.  I was transferred from one dept to another.  Bounced back and forth between tech support and the "keep my domain" dept.  Each person told me something different.  I was given all kinds of crazy excuses, from being told everything was set up correctly to I never signed up to keep my emails. I was told that only the people in "keep my domain" could fix it, but they told me only Verizon could fix it.   I finally got some it resolved on September 17th and all of the emails began working again.  Unfortunately, I was not able to get any info on what was done to fix the problem, nor was I able to get any info on what emails had been rejected.  The resolution was short-lived.  At the end of September all of our emails again stopped working.  When I tried to log on I was told "invalid username or password"  This time the bounce back message said the email had been "temporarily disabled".  I went through the same process again and again.  One person I spoke to promised me that he figured out the issue, but the person who could fix it was already gone for the day.  I was promised a return call the next morning - no surprise the call never came.  Some of the customer service folks were very nice, but not helpful - some were worthless.  One person even told me "there is no way to keep your verizon email address beyond 30 days" - he had no idea what he was talking about.

I have done everything that has been suggested -  spoke to tech support; spoke to disconnect team; spot to elite team; asked for supervisors (which everytime resulted in me getting disconnected); spoke to keep my domain support; tried online "fix my email", etc..  This has been an ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE!

My family members and I have used our myname@verizon.net addresses for many years and in too many places to count.   What do I need to do to get this resolved.  Who can I contact via phone or email to get this resolved?

Re: Problems with email after signing up for 'keep my email'
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Norahsnet,

We are now showing that you should have access to the emails set up with My Domain, and as such we are now closing your Private Support Case. If you still require assistance please make a new post and we will be happy to help in every way we can.

-Adam_VZ

0 Likes
Miriam22

I am currently going through the exact same issue.  Been on the phone with Verizon for 5 hours - being bounced back and forth between Tech Support, Verizon Core, Sales, Email and so on.  i suspect this will go on for many more hours. 

It just isn't worth going through this hassle.  It's faster to just notify all your contacts to start contacting you on a Gmail address. This way if you ever change service again, or move, you never have to go through this again.

This is insane.  

I purchased my domain name two weeks before my move.  Received receipts and was told all is well.  Once I moved they suspended my account.  I can log in to the account but when I try to get to the emails I get an error message "Your account has been suspended contract tech support".  

Tech Support couldn't help me and after being on the phone with him for an hour he disconnected me.  I was talking to ID {edited for privacy} - this was after he promised if we got disconnected he'd call me back.  He never did. 

Verizon service truly sucks. 

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Miriam2,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
ctcpac

I am having the exact same problem. I signed up to keep my email on Verizon my domain  knowing

that Verizon does not have internet or landline service in the area that we moved to.  We

were assured both by Verizon and my domain  on a 3 way call that the email  would still be active after inactivating

the landline/internet.  Less than an hour after getting off the phone on that 3 way call, my email and my husband's

email were not active. We both spoke to numerous customer service representatives and got transferred at least

10 times back and forth from Verizon and my domain and of course no one knew anything or how to fix it and only

knew how to transfer to someone else.  They made the error very easily, is it that difficult to correct it?  I have never

experienced this level of incompetence in my life!!!!  

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ctcpac,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Miriam2,

We haven't heard from you in your Private Support Case and will not be able to assist without more information. As such we have closed said Private Support Case. If you still require assistance or have any additional questions please make a new post and we will be happy to assist.

-Adam_VZ

0 Likes
MJCOZ

I am going through the same issue and after hours of talking to everyone at Verizon I am not making any progress.  I have emails that state that I signed up correctly for keeping my family emails.  I have been transferred to every department and assured this would be repaired.  I was disconnected and sent to recordings that hang me up with no option to go elsewhere.   My finances are tied to this email account and the college financing notifications are sent there.   This could be  very damaging if I can't get it fixed.     I changed from Verizon but wasn't upset with them til this.   I desperately need our emails returned as soon as possible so I don't miss payments or notifications I need to address.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello MJCOZ

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes