Problems with Subaccount Migration to AOL
SpitPoint

The main account has been successfully migrated to AOL; however, when attempting to migrate the subaccounts, the "Verify Information" page returns with the information for the main account only.

Clicking "Edit" allows the information to be changed back to the subaccount information EXCEPT for the E-Mail address, which cannot be changed from that of the main account, except to an alternate address comprised of [unrecognized character string]@verizon.net (presumably the actual E-Mail address of the main account, for which the address we recognize is some sort of alias).

Clicking "Submit" on that screen, with the information either changed or unchanged, returns a window stating:  "Temporary issue.  Sorry, we encountered a temporary issue during the move from Verizon to AOL Mail. We're on it and we'll let you know when it's fixed. For now, please continue to use Verizon Webmail."  This has continued repeatedly for two days with several subaccounts.

The migration deadline is May 4, 2017.  Where do we find a knowledgeable human contact to ensure that migration of the subaccounts transpires safely, well before the deadline?  Thank you for any information you can provide.

0 Likes
Re: Problems with Subaccount Migration to AOL
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi SpitPoint,

Are you signing into each sub-account and are you seeing the notifications there to migrate them?

https://help.aol.com/articles/verizon-move-to-aol-mail-faq

What will happen to my verizon.net email sub-accounts?

All sub-accounts or email addresses associated with your Verizon account will receive a separate email notification, so please ensure that you sign in to each email address to start the migration process.

0 Likes
OGauge4Me

Will each sub account now have its own account with AOL/Verizon?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@OGauge4Me wrote:

Will each sub account now have its own account with AOL/Verizon?

Yes, each one is seperate at AOL.

0 Likes
patrout1

I have not received an email to migrate to any of my accounts. Prime or subaccounts.

What do I do? Can I manually start the migration to AOL.  My subaccount is my main email account for all business that I do. Help!

Andy

0 Likes