Receiving hundreds of "delivery failure" notices
kkrocks97
Enthusiast - Level 1

It started yesterday, but ever since then, I have received over 300  "delivery failure" notices to my verizon.net account.  It's obvious I have been hacked but now what can be done to fix it?  It is very annoying.  I have not opened any of them, I just delete. 

0 Likes
Re: Receiving hundreds of "delivery failure" notices
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Change your password and secret question/answer to something strong and complex, and tuna virus scan on every computer you check your email from.

Roadking10453
Contributor - Level 1

what's a tuna virus scan?

0 Likes
Roadking10453
Contributor - Level 1

the complex password is key ...go here and you can measure how good yours is

https://www.grc.com/haystack.htm

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

i think tuna virus scan is a mispell or an auto correct that went haywire.   I decipher it as run a virus scan

run a = tuna    r and the t are close on the keyboard etc.    

Try Trend Micro's Free online tools and double check all of your stuff.  I recommend doing housecall and also the rootkitbuster at the bottom of the page. 

verizon also offers a free scan as well (3 tries) at www.verizon.com/freetools

Roadking10453
Contributor - Level 1

aaaaaaa, I'll bet you're right...I thought tuna was some brand spanky new web based client I hadn't heard of...did a search and got nuthin  😉 ... funny i didn't think the specll check was that sophisticated in here...unless somegirl is pulling this stuff thru a reader I suppose...anyway, thanks for the enlightenment and chuckle...tks...RK

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

i think tuna virus scan is a mispell or an auto correct that went haywire.   I decipher it as run a virus scan

run a = tuna    r and the t are close on the keyboard etc.

Hubrisnxs guessed it in 1! I was rushing and didn't proofread. My bad.

0 Likes