Retain Verizon.net Email ID after Switching Providers
larrye
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently switched my internet to a non-Verizon provider. I believe from what I have been reading that especially since the Verizon.net email domain is now owned by aol, I am free to retain use of that domain and my Verizon.net email. However, can I also use their pop3 server that enables me to view and respond to those emails via Thunderbird? If not, is there any way that I can use another pop3 server or retain use of their pop3 server going forward? Or am I relegated to having to use a browser to do my email?

Many thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Retain Verizon.net Email ID after Switching Providers
longtimevzcust
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thunderbird works just fine with a verizon.net email address.

Add your verizon.net email account in Thunderbird. You will specify your name, email address, and password. Thunderbird will lookup the settings necessary for pop and smtp servers.

Verizon/AOL email only works with email clients like Thunderbird if you turn on "Allow apps that use less secure sign in" in your AOL security settings. This is something that they say they are disabling on March 2, 2020.

View solution in original post

longtimevzcust
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thunderbird works just fine with a verizon.net email address.

Add your verizon.net email account in Thunderbird. You will specify your name, email address, and password. Thunderbird will lookup the settings necessary for pop and smtp servers.

Verizon/AOL email only works with email clients like Thunderbird if you turn on "Allow apps that use less secure sign in" in your AOL security settings. This is something that they say they are disabling on March 2, 2020.

glonj
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think part of the question might be whether upon departing FiOS, whether one retains their @verizon.net email addresses and the ability to utilize the POP3 servers? I may be moving to an area not served by Verizon and will be disappointed in losing access to FiOS but would like to retain my @verizon.net email address to avoid having to change everything and also when I can hopefully be back in a FiOS served area.

0 Likes
bw411

Has anyone been able to confirm that you can keep your verizon.net email address if you are no longer a verizon customer?

0 Likes