Servers Down Again?
BigbirdPhila
Contributor - Level 1

As of about 11 AM EDT, 5/28, email has stopped working for me.  Symptoms identical to what happened back on 5/21.  I use Outlook Express and it's hanging on the "Securing" step.  

I don't know if it's going to be fixed quickly, but I figured I'd post something to avoid having people call Verizon support and get stuck on the phone for a long time.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Servers Down Again?
BigbirdPhila
Contributor - Level 1

11:39 AM EDT and emails are coming in.   Email was out for about 40 minutes.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
groucho8941

Yep - down again here at about 11:15 AM Thursday May 28. Was working just fine about 2 1/2 hours ago. Thought it was the 'new' security settings screwing things up but guess not.

0 Likes
BlueJen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem here. I have the worst time keeping my Verizon email on. I use Apple Mail which works perfectly 99% of the time, thankfully or I wouldn't be getting emails at all. Glad I checked the forum. BTW, it's 8:20 here in California. 

0 Likes
irbrenda
Contributor - Level 1

And down here in Staten Island, NY.   Was working until about an hour ago.  I can access my mail on Webmail, but not via Outlook.  I can send but not receive.

UPDATE:   Nope. Cannot send or receive now.

0 Likes
BlueJen
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't send or receive. So frustrating. Glad it's not my main email address. 

0 Likes
YankeeDoodle1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Email was working fine earlier.  Now problems.  Wonder how long it wll be before Verizon recognizes the problem and actually resolves it long term. 

0 Likes
vze32svz

Same here. Looks like the pop server is OK, but the SMTP server is dead. Also checked the Verizon webmail page and it's funtioning normally---both incoming and out going mail can be handled through this, but Outlook and my iPad email can't receive mail.

0 Likes
RPF-ESQ

Down here also, in the Hudson Valley, NY. Just had a long and frustrating chat with customer support agent "Glen" who refused to accept my service outage report. He treated me like a nitwit, repeatedly insisting that the problem was a software problem on my end. I informed him I have four separate devices configured for POP/SMTP mail and all of them just stopped working this morning. He thought that because webmail works, it means that POP mail must be working. Really shameful ignorance and obstinance from customer support in refusing to even report the outage. His reason? "We're in Dallas and we'd know if there was a problem." Unbelievable.

UPDATE: POP seems to be working, but SMTP is out.

0 Likes
MyEye
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah,... for a brief "out-of-body" moment, I thought VZ had finally come to it's comm-senses and was dumping POP mail for iMAP.  Right! lol 😉   Interestingly enough, though all my Gmail accounts work as expected, i was able to send and receive from the one default VZ email account I monitor throught Outlook.  Direct server access, however,  is out-to-lunch...

"An operation on the server timed out. The server may be down, overloaded, or there may be too much net traffic."

0 Likes
BigbirdPhila
Contributor - Level 1

11:39 AM EDT and emails are coming in.   Email was out for about 40 minutes.

0 Likes