Re: Servers Down on Email Clients?
avrokhorov
Enthusiast - Level 1

The same situation.

I sent/received emails last time at 10 PM 05/20/2015

At 4 AM 05/21/2015 I obtained the following message:

"Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'Verizon', Server: 'pop.verizon.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F"

I use WinXP+Outlook Express (Dell desktop) and Win7Home+Outlook2007 (Dell laptop). 

At the same time, I was able to enter the Verizon's web mail. I am from Gaithersburg, MD

Hey, VERIZON!

We're waiting for your explanations!

merlin96
Contributor - Level 1

My email in Windows Mail is starting to work again - checking messages very slowly when I click Send/Receive but it is working and messages are coming in.  It appears that the problem is being worked on/possibly resolved, hopefully soon.

0 Likes
Scoop8
Contributor - Level 1

It appears that Verizon may be getting close to the fix.  Earlier, my "Send/Receive" test e-mail wasn't working (can't connect to the server, etc).

Now, I'm receiving the test message in my 'net Verizon Inbox but initially Outlook still wasn't connecting to the server to pull it into Outlook.

That just worked once for me (retrieved my test e-mail into Outlook) but the Send/Receive duration is still giving the error.

@merlin96 wrote:

My email in Windows Mail is starting to work again - checking messages very slowly when I click Send/Receive but it is working and messages are coming in.  It appears that the problem is being worked on/possibly resolved, hopefully soon.

Same here,  Just now pulled in a 2nd test e-mail ok but still sluggish send/receive operation.

Reminds me of the 1990's submarine movie "Crimson Tide" (Denzel Washington, Gene Hackman)

"Con, Radio.... I think she's breathing again.  We're getting really close!"

0 Likes
skrowe
Enthusiast - Level 2

I use windows live and my email is not working either.  I changed to the new settings and it has been working for a month and now it stopped working. 

0 Likes
skrowe
Enthusiast - Level 2

I live in Baltimore Maryland

0 Likes
brevoort

Essex county NJ nothing here either.

0 Likes
Scoop8
Contributor - Level 1

Seems to be getting better for me slowly.  I just pulled in several email notifications from this forum (auto e-mail's when someone posts here). 

It's still slow but working as of this moment.

0 Likes
starrin
Contributor - Level 3

How about an alternative approach.  Years ago when VZ dumped USENET (Newgroups) servers, folks just shifted to the myriad of servers available, some free.  Usenet lives (and on one VZ group, they are complaining also)

Are there alternative email servers out there that folks can pick up and connect their email service to direct, so that VZ does not relay nor get in the way? 

Just askin'

starrin

Scoop8
Contributor - Level 1

@starrin wrote:

How about an alternative approach.  Years ago when VZ dumped USENET (Newgroups) servers, folks just shifted to the myriad of servers available, some free.  Usenet lives (and on one VZ group, they are complaining also)

Are there alternative email servers out there that folks can pick up and connect their email service to direct, so that VZ does not relay nor get in the way? 

Just askin'

starrin

Good idea to consider.  I've thought about setting up a Gmail account in the past as a backup email option but haven't as yet done it since my Verizon email issues have been rare.

I'm now receiving all e-mail's into my Outlook although the send/receive speed is still intermittent.  It's definitely improving as time progresses for me.

0 Likes
YankeeDoodle1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Problem now appears resolved.