Session Time Out
tiedyelime81

I am trying to log into my verizone mail via the web.  I put in my user name and password.  It then logs me into the inbox.

As soon as I click inbox, I get this message: Your session has been timed out. Please Try Again !

I changed my password, I cleared the cache, i logged in using both Foxfire and IE and still get the message.

Why can't I access my email?

0 Likes
Re: Session Time Out
fotyc
Enthusiast - Level 2

ME TOO.  All morning.  Of course Verizon's System Status page says "nothing to report" - all that means is there's nothing wrong that they want to admit....

VERIZON, your Webmail is not that reliable, this happens fairly frequently.  Please fix this up!

tiedyelime81

at least I am not the only one.  phew!  i thought it was me.

i've never really had a problem before or at least one that wasn't fixed in a couple of hours.

this has been going on too long.  verizon, please fix out webmail!!!!

Robot Sad

0 Likes
dr3amer59
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem accessing Verizon Webmail from work. This just started today (Mon., 6/21/10). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Likes
fishingeddie
Enthusiast - Level 3

Day 2 of broken webmail......Still getting session timeouts when trying to load the new email webpage.

I have contacted verizon and just got that canned email response....

Nice software Verizon!!!!!

0 Likes
fotyc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Me too, still happening.  Their webmail has always been pretty weak, this is just par for the course.  I've been putting off calling them because their voice menu software is so annoying, but maybe today.

0 Likes
fotyc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went through the terrible pain of phoning verizon tech support today - believe me it's not something I do lightly.  After being on hold for what seemed like an hour, I got nice man (I think in the Philippines - they must have moved their operation from India) who didn't seem to know what I was talking about so I just told him to write down that Netmail is not working, and the symptoms, and tell them their LDAP is screwed up.  I hope he actually did pass that on.

Their phone system is unbelievably unfriendly.  I have dry-loop internet so my internet is not associated with a Verizon phone number, and that alone makes the voice menus at the beginning totally fail to know what to do with me.  After specifically saying my account was NOT associated with a business or government agency, in the 100th prompt I answered, it routed me to the government and business support group and they had to transfer me.

0 Likes
fishingeddie
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good point about the LDAP. I have been experiencing issues accessing my account info, this Forum, etc. ever since Verizon released this new web home page.

I dread calling the support in the Phillipines....but may have to get drunk one night and call.....

0 Likes
fotyc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I thought of the LDAP because (a) I know what it is, and (b) I see a URL with LDAPbind in it whenever I log into Netmail....

Today when I logged in and then clicked to read a message, the URL it displayed at the top was:

http://www.verizon.net/ssowebapp/logout/logout.jsp?target=http://webmail.verizon.net/signin/Login.jsp

That makes NO SENSE!  Why is it invoking logout when I clink on a link to an email?

If Verizon would only read this thread they would see all the info they need to solve the problem....  Smiley Very Happy

0 Likes
fotyc
Enthusiast - Level 2

For everyone's info - it's fixed this morning.  Yay!

0 Likes