SOLVED: Unable to send Verizon email using Outlook 2002
stewartjk11

* Resolved: this was a conflict with my McAfee email scanner*

I am using Outlook 2002 on a Windows 8 laptop.  Everything works fine except sending emails.  I have configured and reconfigured my Email Account but nothing help; the test email fails on Send, and messages hang in my Outbox. 

My setup is:

- Incoming server: incoming.verizon.net

- Outgoing server: outgoing.verizon.net

- User name and password entered

- Outgoing Server Requires Authentication + Use same settings as my incoming mail server

- Incoming Port 995 with SSL Secure Connection required - checked

- Outgoing Port 465 with SSL Secure Connection required - checked

The error message for the Outlook test email is: "Send test email message: Unable to Send Test Message. Please verify the Email Address Field."  

The error I get when I try to actually send a real message is: "Task: 'pop.verizon.net': Sending reported error (0x80042108) The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending SMTP server.  If you continue to receive this message, contact your ISP".

Spent way too many hours on just trying to get emails to send.. can anyone help?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Unable to send Verizon email using Outlook 2002
tcmits1
Enthusiast - Level 2
I've gotten the three e-mail and, today....one phone call, from Verizon "warning" me to change my settings asap. It does not give instructions for Outlook 2003 and I have no idea how to make any of the other instructions work. Someone, anyone, PLEASE help me???? !!!!! Also, I hope I don't have to set up a new e-mail account. I have over a decade of e-mail's I do not want to lose because my current Outlook 2003 may not be able to convert and I may have to do so as I understand the instructions. PLEASE HELP ME. Thank you very much.
0 Likes
Friendly
Contributor - Level 2

We did not lose our emails on our Outlook 2003 account on our PC, however you may lose the emails that are under the Yahoo account when you drop Yahoo or whatever from your accounts.

My wife lost all her emails on her I phone, however her PC Outlook 2003 did not, and she could forward those to our new incoming.verizon.net that we lost from eliminating Yahoo.

We continue to have the error 0x800ccc7d went sending, usually the first emails of the day hang up. I have been minimizing the sending box and letting it run. Eventually it sends and then I get the message it was a 0x800ccc7d

0 Likes
tcmits1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Would you please (thanks in advance) give me the instructions to use?   What Verizon provided for Outlook 2003 always results in a test failure.   

They also do not have the correct instructions for what to do on each area of the Outlook 2003 "change your e-mail settings" area.

Fortunately, I've been able to put in the old info and have it work...until eventually Verizon cuts it off.

0 Likes
Friendly
Contributor - Level 2

This what I set our 2003 at least a dozen times, nothing what so ever changes, unless I use these entries we can not get a TEST of the account to run through to the end.

However with that we now always get the error 0x800ccc7d every day now for the first few emails.

• Incoming mail server (POP3😞 pop.verizon.net
  • IncomingServerPort Numbers: 995
  • Outgoing mail server (SMTP😞 smtp.verizon.net
  • Outgoing ServerPort Numbers: 465  Your Verizon Online user name
  • Your Verizon Online password

Make sure "This server requires a secure connection (SSL)" is checked.

0 Likes