Someone using my Verizon email name
Fredcw
Enthusiast - Level 1
0 Likes
Re: Someone using my Verizon email name
Fredcw
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've started gettingconfirmation emails sent to my Verizon email from various online vendors that he has ordered from. Very annoying. Is there some way he can be notified that he is using the wrong email?

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Perhaps someone else is not using your e-mail address to order stuff, it is spam?

0 Likes
Fredcw
Enthusiast - Level 1

No, I can see the guy's name, his P.O. box, city & state.  I think either he's clueless that he's using the wrong email address, or that Verizon gave him mine by mistake.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Fredcw wrote:

No, I can see the guy's name, his P.O. box, city & state.

Oh, ok.

Maybe trying writing to him, and telling him that he does not own that e-mail address?

If he gave a phone number, maybe try calling him?

@Fredcw wrote:

Or that Verizon gave him mine by mistake.

That would be really weird.

Hmm..

Maybe this someone owned the same e-mail address that you are currenly using a long time ago and does not know that you are the new owner ?

Maybe this someone is trying to blame you for ordering what ever he orders ?

lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maybe try telling the sites he's ordering things from that this is a case of possible identity theft?   I'm thinking if he starts finding his orders being held up or cancelled due to the inability to confirm his email address that he'll figure out how to fix it quick enough.

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

I'd do the normal re-securing stuff (run a virus scan, change your password and secret answer to something new and complex), and contact then Verizon to have them check your ticket history. Tech support agents are sometimes a bit lax about verifying account ownership before resetting passwords and/or providing information.