Spam Detector Does not seem to be putting files in th Spam Detector folder
BigArtK
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have Spam Detector turned on.

In the Spam Detector folder I only see messages that I have marked as spam.

I do not see any that are moved there by Spam Detector itself.

Does Spam Detector work in such a way that I have to leave files in that folder?  I assumed that that purpose of the folder was to see what had been detected so I could check whether a message was in fact Spam.

Am I correct in assuming that files marked as spam by Spam Detector would appear in that folder as "uread"?

Is there a link that explains more about Spam Detector?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Spam Detector Does not seem to be putting files in th Spam Detector folder
BigArtK
Enthusiast - Level 2

Surprise! 10 days after I first started this thread, unread messages started appearing in my Spam Detector folder. I did not change any settings.

16 of 17 messages were in fact Spam. One was not spam.   Someone asked why not send messages flagged as spam directly to trash.  I use the Spam Detector folder because there are some false alarms in any detection system.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

By default, the SpamDetector deletes spam messages rather than keeping them. Go to Settings > Email Settings > Spam Detector and click the radio button at the bottom that says Save spam in the SpamDetector folder

This should leave detected spam for your review.

0 Likes
bruteforce1
Enthusiast - Level 3

does'nt the spam detector folder content go to verizon spam team for what it's worth

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@bruteforce wrote:

does'nt the spam detector folder content go to verizon spam team for what it's worth

No it doesn't.  However a copy of mail YOU mark as spam is sent to them.  Obviously if it detected spam and put it int to the folder the Spam team (a third party vendor) doesn't need to see it.

0 Likes
BigArtK
Enthusiast - Level 2

I already had that option turned on for months. I get dozens of spam messages every day.

Am I correct in thinking that if SpamDetector found spam it should appear in that folder as unread?

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@BigArtK wrote:

I already had that option turned on for months. I get dozens of spam messages every day.

Am I correct in thinking that if SpamDetector found spam it should appear in that folder as unread?

Yes, as long as that is the setting you have selected. As previously stated, the default behavior with Spam Detector on is to delete the messages, so they won't appear anywhere.

0 Likes
bruteforce1
Enthusiast - Level 3

big art

your better off just forward verizon mail to gmail or another web base mail so you don't have to deal with verizon's silly rules.somegirl i'm still trying to figure out how the spam faq statement is helpful?

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@bruteforce wrote:

big art

your better off just forward verizon mail to gmail or another web base mail so you don't have to deal with verizon's silly rules.somegirl i'm still trying to figure out how the spam faq statement is helpful?

What spam faq statement? No reference to the Spam FAQ in this thread at all.

The OP complained that spam wasn't showing up in the SpamDetector folder. Nothing to do with outbound spam filtering...

0 Likes
BigArtK
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is now 10 days since I posted my original query.

I have had the settings "spam detector on" and "send spam to the spam decteor folder" for months now. I see no unread mail in that folder, just 378 read mail that I put ther by clicking <SPAM>.

Is there anybody who finds unread email in his/her Span Detector folder?

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@BigArtK wrote:

Is there anybody who finds unread email in his/her Span Detector folder?

Yes, I do, maybe 5 a week or so. Works very well for me, I get very few spam emails to start with, but the few I get it generally catches them and puts them into the folder.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes