Spam Detector was turned back on
cattledogit
Enthusiast - Level 2

Though I turned off Spam Detector years ago when the UI was different, I recently was missing some emails. I found
"Spam Detector" turned on and Spam Filtering set to "Delete incoming spam" (instead of being sent to spam folder).

This is FYI in case others find that they're missing emails.

0 Likes
Spam Detector turned back on by Verizon - any way to get logs of deleted emails?
cattledogit
Enthusiast - Level 2

At http://ow.ly/3jKwww in the "Verizon.net Email" forum I posted:
Though I turned off Spam Detector years ago when the UI was different, I recently was missing some emails. I found
"Spam Detector" turned on and Spam Filtering set to "Delete incoming spam" (instead of being sent to spam folder).

Would Verizon be able to tell me at least what addresses any deleted emails were from?

Does anyone have any idea when Spam Detector might have been turned on by Verizon?

If someone emailed me in response to my email to them about a job, and I don't respond because I didn't get their email, they're not going to call me to let me know. The two recent emails that I know Spam Detector deleted were from people I'd sent emails to within the previous 24 hours using Verizon's smtp server, one to Gmail and one to Yahoo. One deleted email was from my spouse. Apparently Spam Detector doesn't whitelist people you've emailed.

0 Likes