SPAM SPAM SPAM
SPAMSPAMSPAM
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have forwarded hundreds of SPAM emails to "spamdector.notcaught@verizon.net. in order to assist Verizon in helping stopping the flood of SPAM to my email account and smart phone. Yet the flood of SPAM continuen every day. Worthless SPAM that I have to delete from my email.

Verizon efforts apparently are minimual when it comes to stopping SPAM SPAM SPAM to its customers.

What is your resolution Verizon?

SPAMSPAMSPAM

Re: SPAM SPAM SPAM
me-too1
Enthusiast - Level 1

My email has been getting hijacked and spammed to death. I sent tons of emails to abuse@verizon.net with no help. What gives?

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

As far as spam, send them to

spamdetector.notcaught@verizon.net

And spam varies for lots of reason. I happen to have to VERIZON email ids.

One gets spamed a lot

The other has had 2 in the last two years.

0 Likes
bpl888
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem. Why is Verizon doing nothing to help with this annoying problem? It is getting that I don't even want to use my Verizon email because of all the unstopable spam. Verizon do you have an answer?

Vrybusy

I too have been overloaded for some reason for the past 6-8 months. I'm at the end of my tolorance. I've tried everything that I can think of and it still keeps coming.

Does anyone know if you can change your primary email account with Verizon?

0 Likes
nanook626
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just spent 30 minutes with a CSR on chat, who told me to do all the things I have already done to remedy this problem.  He assured me it would work...ha ha.  My response was if it works, why am I still getting spam in my inbox?  He continued to tell be to do all the things I have already done.  Bottom line: they don't care.  Why should I spend too many minutes each day forwarding 50 junk emails to spam@verizon.net, I have better things to do with my time.   For the large percentage of my paycheck they get every month, they should be doing it for me!  I am switching back to my Earthlink account.  There I can choose which emails get through to my inbox, everything else goes into a junk box.  Tell me, why can't a BIG company like Verizon do that????

0 Likes
tiredofspam1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I hae been getting excessive spam to one of my email accounts with Verizon as well.  I have 96 alone just from 9/27 to 10/1.  Some of these are ones that I already sent to them at the one address so they know it's spam, yet I CONTINUE to receive the same ones.  It would also be much handier to do a bulk send as opposed to having to send EACH AND EVERY SPAM message to that address.  Especially when the only way to do that is click on the message which could in turn be malware or have viruses attached.  What gives Verizon?  This is ridiculous.  Their so-called spam filters do not work at all.

bpl888
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem. Verizon doesn't care and thier filters are useless. My attempt to get it corrected with Verizon Customer Service (?) ended with them telling me to change my password. Needless to say nothing improved. I may stop using Verizon email if this keeps getting worse. 

0 Likes
whitechalk
Same here! I've forwarded hundreds of emails that got thru Verizon's so-called spam-detector. That's aggravating enough, but now Verizon recently created a new email for spam, spam@verizon.net, and I've been using both addresses to help with the overload, thinking I was helping solve the problem. . . NOW BOTH ADDRESSES HAVE BEGUN FILTERING MY EMAILS AS SPAM!!!!???? Can you believe it??? Verizon's spam filter for the spam reporting system works to turn away valid reports of spam!!! But Verizon can't even filter legitimate spam from a fee-paying client !! RIDICULOUS!!!!
0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Vrybusy wrote:

I too have been overloaded for some reason for the past 6-8 months. I'm at the end of my tolorance. I've tried everything that I can think of and it still keeps coming.

Does anyone know if you can change your primary email account with Verizon?

It can be done but its not easy. 

Easier is to just start a new subaccount (or two) and tell everyone you care about to use the new email account(s).  You can even tell Verizon to send any of their email to the sub account.  THen start ignoring or even setting the old account to delete all inoming email.