Re: SPAM
Justin46
Legend

@kaytabor30 wrote:

Justin you ever notice the spam the spam detector is catching is old spam that verizon has already marked as spam

if you do action tab n then choose reply you will see this. very interesting(i know you should not reply)

No I have not noticed that. I just checked, no SPAM since I deleted 2 yesterday morning, so I will have to wait until some more comes in.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@kaytabor30 wrote:

Justin you ever notice the spam the spam detector is catching is old spam that verizon has already marked as spam

if you do action tab n then choose reply you will see this. very interesting(i know you should not reply)

OK, so today I finally received some new SPAM, I did what you suggested, and I don't see anything to verify what you are saying. Or maybe I am just not understanding what you are saying.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
kaytabor30
Enthusiast - Level 3

sorry about that justin if you do action>reply>send you will get the spam faq which means verizon has already marked as spam and the same email is back again.

0 Likes
kaytabor30
Enthusiast - Level 3
Contributor
rebozo
SPAM

The spam filter is horrible, and I suspect that Verizon is letting spam through on purpose.  Am I wrong?

I believe you are right since verizon does not recommend using a third part email client.when you complain about spam

they should recommend a third party client.any experienced computer user could tell you that verizon web base mail is junk.

0 Likes
webmail-user
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had my primary email address compromised and could not stop receiving spam almost daily. Since nothing I tried worked, I ended up creating and using an email alias, turned OFF the Spam Detector, deleted all the Blocked Senders, left only one filter to move email sent to my primary email address to a folder I called "filtered" (so I didn't miss anything important still being sent to my [now abandoned] primary email address and would not have to see the spam in my Inbox). I expected to see a flood of spam in the "filtered" folder but instead I haven't received any spam for 3-1/2 days. I can't explain it but it works for me.

0 Likes
rhdjr

i get 15-20 per day and repeatedly for senders i have marked as spam.  2, 3 spams a week get thru yahoo filters.  verizon must be allowing it thru

0 Likes