sabel9579

Hi,

I have terrible issues with spam being delivered.  My spam settings are set to on yet I continue to receive tons of spam daily.  Why is this and how can it be stopped?  It's such an inconvenience

0 Likes
Re: SPAM
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Worth researching.

I have VZ and Gmail

Please study info in this link.

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/164640?hl=en

0 Likes
Jackky1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issues with at least 2 dozen spam messages a day.  The subject filter does not wotk,because I receive the same Email from the subject I was supposed to filter the next day.  Email blocking does not work because the Email address of the Spam is invalid  I have sent over a 1,000 spamdetector.notcaught@verizon.net to Verizon.  I have yet to receive a reply. Verizon does not seem to care about this problem.

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking to other customers here.

This is a reoccurring questions on these boards, as Verizon's spam filter is not great.  A quick search for "spam" will yield plenty of spam discussions.  Short story; the best thing you can do is switch to an email service that has good spam filters.  gmail is a popular option and can be used with Verizon.net email.  Search the archives for details.

Good luck.

0 Likes
Irish531

Verizon provides perhaps the poorest spam blocking in the industry. I use spam blocker and I used filters until Verizon allowed no more, and I send a dozen spam emails to Verizon spam not detected email daily, Clearly Verizon has no intention to make this a priority. I will probably stop using Verizon for email, internet, phone, and television when contract is up. That is how maddening this is for me. In the meantime I suggest you find  non-Verizon email account. I do know spam handling is many times better by both yahoo and gmail and probably every other provider.

0 Likes