Sub-account versus Email alias
MT73
Enthusiast - Level 3

I set up a new sub-account thinking the address would be a good secondary email address.  I discovered that that's not really what I needed but rather I needed an alias email address.  I deleted the sub-account and tried to create an email alias with the secondary address I wanted -- that I set up the sub-account with; I am prevented from using the alias email address I want I assume because it was used to set up the sub-account even though the sub-account was deleted. 

Can the unused and deleted sub-account email address be released so that I may use it as an alias?

Thanks

Re: Sub-account versus Email alias
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Verizon won't release the address for 180 days per policy (I can't find a link to reference for this now, but I'm pretty sure it's still in effect). They *can* restore the sub account for you if that would be acceptable to you, but if you want it as an alias it's going to take a TON of bugging Verizon to get them to maybe do it.

Re: Sub-account versus Email alias
MT73
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the reply.  The 6 months makes sense and seems (sort of) reasonable; I was afraid it was lost forever as I once saw a similar message on this subject and the only responses were that you had to go several layers deep into customer service (probably falls into your "TON of begging" category) to get a maybe 50/50 shot at a remedy, more or less your summary I see.  I'm not that patient with telco/wireless customer service types, so I'll keep giving it a shot every few weeks to see if it frees up.  I'm okay without it, just thought it would be a nice convenience.

tnx!

0 Likes