Re: suddenly stopped receiving verizon email therough my pop 3 account in outlook.com
helloimage

I take this back...after working for about 2 hours, it is now broken again...I was able to send receive for a short period of time...

0 Likes
Re: suddenly stopped receiving verizon email therough my pop 3 account in outlook.com
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@helloimage wrote:

@Fixed my POP mail on my iphone by deleting the account and only using my username (without @verizon.net)  The iphone app automatically chose port 587 for smtp and 995 for POP.  Hope that helps.

note you should change the port to 465 and SSL so that your outgoing email is secure.  AOL may be allowing unsecured traffic, but Verizon wasn't.

@Looking at my settings in Thunderbird, I have POP set to use userid@verizon.net and SMTP set to just userid.  Not sure what caused me to make that change, but it was some sort of problem last year.  I know that Yahoo userids (which mine never was) had to use @verizon.net.

0 Likes
epic1

I've had the same problem starting on exactly the same date- 2/8/2016.  I've tried to get answers from Microsoft, but they have not helped.  I think this is a Verizon incoming mail problem and I wish someone at Verizon would take care of it.  As a workaround I am using Verizon.net for my incoming mail but Outlook .com for everything else (outgoing mail, calendar, contacts).  What a pain!  If you find a solution, please post.

0 Likes
Debrun

I am now receiving all of my verizon email in my outlook.com inbox. It is not going to the pop3 verizon folder which they were going to in the past. is there a different server name now?

0 Likes
epic1

I have exactly the same issue.  But as long as I can reply to my outlook.com emails using my verizon,net email address (a dropdown arrow  option available when you send mail from Outlook.com) the issue does not bother me.  In fact, I kind of like it this way.  

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

What folder does it go to?  Yes the servers real names are apparently different if not really different servers.  They now have AOL names although the DNS records for the old name still exists as an alias.

e.g. 

>nslookup
Default Server:  router.asus.com
Address:  10.0.0.1

> pop.verizon.net
Server:  router.asus.com
Address:  10.0.0.1

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    pop-verizonmail.egslb.aol.com
Address:  64.12.88.136
Aliases:  pop.verizon.net

>

0 Likes
Debrun

All my verizon emails are now going to my outlook.com inbox. They were originally going to a verizon folder.

My server setup is pop.verizon.net      port 995 

stmp.verizon.net      port 465

This stopped working after 2/8. I did stasrt to receive my verizon emails again a few days ago, but they are now all going to my outlook inbox instead of the seperate folder I have created.

0 Likes
maranyc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just checked back on this issue - went to my hotmail and saw up to date email in my @verizon folder there - didn't do a thing but it started back on its own.....there was a gap from about 2/8 to 2/23....

0 Likes