Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

Suspicious stuff on FROM option in a sub-account.

MrCurious2
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Suspicious stuff on FROM option in a sub-account.

Message 1 of 7
(1,345 Views)

One of my sub-accounts is (I'll call it) xxxx_xxxx@verizon.net.  I signed in to this account to send a message. In the FROM field, on the right, I clicked on the box with the DOWN arrow to see what else might be listed there.    That revealed a drop-down box with 2 choices for SENDER NAME: xxxx_xxxx@verizon.net. or yyyy_yyyy@ verizon.netI have no idea who yyyy_yyyy is.  It is not me or one of my sub-accounts. I am the only person who uses this computer.What is going on???

Is this something to be concerned about?  Seems to me that yyyy_yyyy would not be able to log in to my xxxx_xxxx account, since yyyy_yyyy does not know the username or password.  But what's going on here?

6 REPLIES 6
Telcoguru
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Suspicious stuff on FROM option in a sub-account.

Message 2 of 7
(1,311 Views)

There should be an e-mail address that you created and a vzid e-mail address that verizon assigned to your account

MrCurious2
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 3 of 7
(1,299 Views)

Yes, I know about the VZID address.  The other email address that comes up on this account is not a VZID address--it is a name, or word, that was obviously created by someone, but not me.

tns2
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 4 of 7
(1,298 Views)

@MrCurious2 wrote:

Yes, I know about the VZID address.  The other email address that comes up on this account is not a VZID address--it is a name, or word, that was obviously created by someone, but not me.

See if shows up as a sub account on your admin pages, and if so delete.

MrCurious2
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 5 of 7
(1,281 Views)
But what does it mean that this sub-account, totally unfamiliar to me, is there? How could it have gotten there?
somegirl
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II

Message 6 of 7
(1,275 Views)

@MrCurious2 wrote:
But what does it mean that this sub-account, totally unfamiliar to me, is there? How could it have gotten there?

At a guess, it means someone accessed your account and created an alias. Change your password and secret question/answer.

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
bruteforce
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Message 7 of 7
(1,248 Views)

what is the purpose of a sub account

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title