Suspicious stuff on FROM option in a sub-account.
MrCurious2
Enthusiast - Level 2

One of my sub-accounts is (I'll call it) xxxx_xxxx@verizon.net.  I signed in to this account to send a message. In the FROM field, on the right, I clicked on the box with the DOWN arrow to see what else might be listed there.    That revealed a drop-down box with 2 choices for SENDER NAME: xxxx_xxxx@verizon.net. or yyyy_yyyy@ verizon.netI have no idea who yyyy_yyyy is.  It is not me or one of my sub-accounts. I am the only person who uses this computer.What is going on???

Is this something to be concerned about?  Seems to me that yyyy_yyyy would not be able to log in to my xxxx_xxxx account, since yyyy_yyyy does not know the username or password.  But what's going on here?

0 Likes
Re: Suspicious stuff on FROM option in a sub-account.
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

There should be an e-mail address that you created and a vzid e-mail address that verizon assigned to your account

0 Likes
MrCurious2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I know about the VZID address.  The other email address that comes up on this account is not a VZID address--it is a name, or word, that was obviously created by someone, but not me.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@MrCurious2 wrote:

Yes, I know about the VZID address.  The other email address that comes up on this account is not a VZID address--it is a name, or word, that was obviously created by someone, but not me.

See if shows up as a sub account on your admin pages, and if so delete.

0 Likes
MrCurious2
Enthusiast - Level 2
But what does it mean that this sub-account, totally unfamiliar to me, is there? How could it have gotten there?
0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@MrCurious2 wrote:
But what does it mean that this sub-account, totally unfamiliar to me, is there? How could it have gotten there?

At a guess, it means someone accessed your account and created an alias. Change your password and secret question/answer.

0 Likes
bruteforce1
Enthusiast - Level 3

what is the purpose of a sub account

0 Likes