Trouble signing into webmai: getting constant redirects
mdcatdad
Enthusiast - Level 3

Since late last night I've been having trouble logging into Verizon Webmail.

The title bar constantly "ping-pongs" between https://signin.verizon.com/sso/RememberMeServlet

and ...STIDServlet and ....VOLPortalServlet (this is in Safari but a similar thing happens in Firefox, too)

and also on my laptom.

I'm running OS 10.6.4 on both machines.

On the advice of someone at the Apple Discussions Board I deleted all Verizon cookies on

my desktop's hard drive as well as passwords in KeyChain, and restarted Safari but the

problem resumed.

Verizon tech support denies a problem and suggested I'd either changed a Safari

setting (wrong) or installed an Apple update (also wrong)

0 Likes
Re: Trouble signing into webmai: getting constant redirects
njrich1

I have been having constant problems with Verizon mail over several weeks.  I cannot log onto the web portal and Outlook only gets some of the mail after many tries.

I have tried IE 8, Chrome, and Firefox and all have same result.   There is clearly an authentication issue here and not sure what is happening.

0 Likes
AFMIII4
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been having problems viewing my email for about a week. Tonight after 45min I decided this is ridiculous. If I used Internet Explorer it doesn't load and I get " Can't display this page." When I try Foxfire after trying to load my email for half an hour I get "Adobe Acrobat has crashed do you want to try this page again or send a report."  This is every day! Sometimes I have been able to view my mail only after trying to load and reload many times. It is a waste of time. I have tried shutting down and rebooting that does not work. I leave the site and go to another. I have no problems with othere sites. I have been sending mail from Yahoo.  When I come back to Verizon Central it is the same problem. It is hit or miss after spending at least a have a half hour to view my mail. Then I cannot delete or send something to Spam because it will not take me back. I will get the same messages because it is not loading. I have seen a reply telling someone it is not Fios Verizon it was their MSN. Then why are other without MSN having the same problems?

0 Likes
sickofvereyezon

i've been having the same problems for about the same amount of time. last night verizon tech said the server was down, that was after they tried to fix the problem themselves.

i have several friends who work for verizon and even they say the service sucks.

Hey Verizon, how about fixing the problem instead of avoiding it.

0 Likes
mdcatdad
Enthusiast - Level 3

As of last evening I was no longer getting the redirects but requests would often hang or

be glacially slow.

As of this morning the problem seems to have been fixed.

I wish that  in the future Verizon would:

a) keep tech support informed, if in fact tech support was unaware of any problem

and 

b) keep us informed

and

c) tech support would not take the "blame the customer" attitude. We're not all "newbies".