Re: Unable to whitelist IP/domain
Proximo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I'm going to ask here as others have in helping get approved on the whitelist.  As others we receive the following notices back after applying for the whitelist:

After investigation, Verizon Online Security has determined that e-mail from your IP address will not be allowed access to the Verizon Online e-mail domain due to one or more of the following reasons: 

Your IP has been blocked because of spam issues or because your ISP indicates that it is dynamically assigned

I tried emailing abuse@ but I've not received a response back. Obviously we can't email whitelist@verizononline.net due to we get bounced.  

Our servers have proper rDNS, are secure and heavily filter spam.  We've only had this block of IPs for a week or so now but cannot email board members who have verizon addresses from any of the public IPs we have available.  Any assistance you can provide would be greately appreciated.

Kind regards,

Patrick

0 Likes
ksmadsen
Enthusiast - Level 2

FYI,

The abuse@ address from the whitelist rejection mail is behind the same blocklist as all other verizon email-addresses. So mails to abuse will also bounce.

Proximo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Doh!  I only noticed the whitelist bounced, but I now see in the server logs that abuse also bounced.  Oh joy.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Proximo,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

ksmadsen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi LawrenceC,

I'll try again. Any chance that you can escalate my issue also? Our server has been stuck on your blacklist for a year and a half, since a user got his credentials to the mailsystem stolen. We fixed the issue as soon as we discovered it, and have tried twice to get removed using the whitelisting form. Both times with the same standard reply. Our server has rDNS, isn't in listed as a dynamically assigned address and it hasn't sent spam to verizon for a year and a half.

Thanks in advance.

Klaus

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello ksmadsen

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

guitarwez
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm also having the exact same issue getting my dedicated server whitelisted by Verizon.  We've put in 3-4 requests on the Verizon whitelist request form in the past month or two and have heard nothing back.  Instead, my clients keep getting those bounceback email messages when sending emails to @verizon.net email addresses.

How can I go about getting this resolved?  Can I have interaction and help from an actual human being on this?  My clients are getting upset and we are on ZERO RBLs as we take spam seriously, too.

0 Likes
mprince2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey guitarwez3,

What form are you using, the only link to a whitelist form I'm seeing is http://my.verizon.com/micro/whitelist/

But it has a 404 error.....

Please check this thread 

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Outlook-Error-IP-Blacklist-Overseas-Error-TWC-Error/t...

0 Likes
guitarwez
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've noticed in this thread that when people ask the Verizon tech for help, they "escalate it".  So, that is what I did here and I'm hoping to hear back soon.  To blacklist so many legitimate emails, and then not follow through with proper oversight is terrible customer service for all involved.  Not to mention the 404 error on their whitelisting forms currently...this is bad.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi guitarwez3,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes