Re: Unlinking Verizon email from Yahoo portal
Bettsvs
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank You very much.  My Mom using Windows Live Mail on Windows 7.  Last week, it stopped working.  After a hour on chat, I learned that the outgoing port needed to be changed due to "security improvements" that had not been announced to me.

After a few days, it stopped working again.  After a hour with tech  support, I was referred to Premium Support which was willing to help me for $14.99 for 10 months.   Told them that either Verizon was incompatible with Windows Live Mail or they were not telling me something that should not cost me $149.90.  Sure enought, all I had to do was get off the Yahoo servers.  Not worth Premium Support.   She actually tried to convince me it would be great because I could call them anytime for anything.  All my mom does is email.

Anthony thank you!!

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Since we haven't heard back from you to see if any additional help was needed as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. It was our pleasure to help get the email issue sorted out.  If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

sherpunj

Hi Anthony,

Prior to having a verizon account, I had a personal yahoo account that I still use.  With the Verizon/Yahoo account, it had the same handle.  However, my personal yahoo account had been compromised about a month ago, and whenever I try to reset my password, I am automatically sent to Verizon.  What do I do?

Best,

S

0 Likes
speener

Anthony - I need to unlink my verizon account and my yahoo account. Please help.

0 Likes
roboken640

I also need to unlink my email from YAHOO.  I have followed all instructions in this thread and there is NO "online experiences" option anywhere!  How do I do this?  It seems that the screen for some people are different than for others. 

Please help me!!

0 Likes
mpvertino

I have spoken to Verizon support and asked while they solved another problem. It got complicated, she took over my system, it was long process, and she could not guarantee that I would not loose my contact list.  So I quit and am living with Yahoo. If anybody  else can fix let me know.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Mcchan

Since we haven't heard back from you as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. Please make a new post anytime you need assistance.

Thanks,

Joseph

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

PHiggins3,

Due to no response, we closed the private support case. Feel free to make a new post if you need assistance.

Thanks,

Jose

0 Likes
yahooportalgurl

Anthony - If you can help me I would be eternally grateful you have to email me at jgabriele   @ optonline. net if you can help.  My account at the yahoo portal is locked.  Now verizon tech support did an email "scrub" to attach me to my old email and I am totally stuck!!!!  I have spent 4 hours on tech line...

0 Likes
yahooportalgurl

me too omg!!!!!  is still at Yahoo and stuck there

0 Likes