Using private server for email with Eudora
enchant

I've been using a private server to send/rcv email for quite a while with no problem.  Lately, much of my outgoing mail has been marked as spam:

Received via a relay in Spamhaus PBL

Spamhause says:

Outbound Email Policy of Verizon Online for this IP range:

It is the policy of Verizon Online that unauthenticated email sent from this IP address should be sent out only via the designated outbound mail server allocated to Verizon Online customers. To find the hostname of the correct mail server to use, customers should consult the original signup documentation or contact Verizon Online Technical Support.

Removal Procedure

Removal of IP addresses within this range from the PBL is not allowed by the netblock owner's policy.

So it appears that if I'm going to send mail via a Verizon IP, I have to send it through a Verizon server.

Using Eudora, I've found where to set the server properties, but unless I'm missing something, there's only ONE place to enter a username and password.  I need to enter one for the private server that's receiving my mail, and another one for Verizon.

Is there any way around this?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Using private server for email with Eudora
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

We are not too familiar with the Eudora interface. Traditionally with email clients, there is a separate option to authenticate the outgoing mail server. This has to be set to yes. Other clients then ask if its authenticating with the same as the incoming or other credentials. Type the Verizon credentials in for the authentication. I wish you luck in your configuration.

0 Likes