Vacation Reply possessed by demons, support not helping
Duncan8r
Enthusiast - Level 1

We went on vacation June 29 and my wife set a vacation reply, which worked fine.

We got home July 10 and she turned off the vacation reply.

Strangely, it still worked fine -- that is, it continued to send the vacation reply even though it was clearly turned OFF in the email settings screen.

She spent nearly 8 hours in phone calls and screen sharing with Verizon support. Total waste of time, it continues to send vacation replies. They must have done something at the servers on July 14 it stopped sending the auto reply ... but this morning it started again.

I'm on the phone right now with another guy, who has control of my screen on the other computer -- but he is getting nowhere -- and very slowly. The promised "call-back within 90 minutes" was closer to 2hrs 40mins.

Trying to enter a different Vacation Reply in the email settings screen does not change the content of the reply that is sent, it remembers the one that was set up in June and won't let go of it.

We're at the point where we could simply delete the sub-account and start over -- except they wouldn't let us create the same account name because it previously existed.

Infuriating!

Re: Vacation Reply possessed by demons, support not helping
Revolver323
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same thig here.  I went on vacation Julky 20-24,andvAcation reply worked.  WhenI returned, I attempted to turn it off using the same interface, but it doesn't work.  I also found an alternate interface through Google that doesn't work either. No tech supposrt help. It will not allow me to leave the field blank. I Suppose I could say, "I'm not on vacation anymore." But that seems ridiculous. It worked fine last year.

Duncan8r
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one!

My problem has been "escalated to Operations Support" -- whatever that means. Allegedly they will call me at 5pm today (in 10 minutes) to let me know they have fixed it.

I'm not holding my breath -- "punctuality" doesn't appear to be part of the Verizon support credo.

Revolver323
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spent an hour with chat, and Verizon admitted they could not turn off the vacation reply either.  Promised they would within 48 hours. Supposedly, they did -- received a phone call to that effect.  Unfortunately, they didn't and they're on strike now.  So my vaca reply is still on, but no for everyone who true to e-mail me.  I e-mailed tech support and they tell me to call or chat.  I told them fix it or it's back to Comcast for me.  Like they care.  $90 amonth for bad e-mail and worse cable access.

0 Likes
jer2you

Having the same difficulty with my wife's email account.

We went on vaction and changed the pre-vacation reply message.  upon returning from vacation this week she tried turning off the vacation reply but is having difficulties as noted below:

• the original pre-vacation message keeps coming up when we go to the vacation reply set up page.
  • although the message is deleted or even over written it continues to re-appear despite the confirmation that the change has been saved.
  • the original pre-vacation message was successfully changed and activated while on vacation.
  • the modified vacation reply message can not be found and continues to be sent although the radio button on the vacation reply web page is selected not to reply (contains the old pre-vacation message which can not be changed as noted above)

It is very disaapointing that this issue exists.

If Verizon employees are on strike, i suspect that this may be an underhanded means to instill discontent in verizon customers by striking employees. 

On the othre hand yesterday I received a call from Verizon concerning an over seas call I made.  They modified our account, back dated the service change and saved us about $75.

Regards,

Al

0 Likes
Sid1968
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ditto. Got back from vacation August 26, disabled (or so I thought) vacation reply, vacation replies still being sent. Called support, got no response. 

If you're listening, Verizon, you should quickly DISABLE vacation reply until you can get it working

AWP3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've spent a number of hours both using the 'Vacation Reply' tool and on-line with Verizon EMail support trying to get the 'Vacation Reply' to turn off. Although it shows it's been 'disabled' Verizon continues to send my deleted vacation reply message.

I'm at a point now where it seems useless to call Verizon Support since they are basically useless trying to turn the reply message off.

Anybody out there have any hints or tips to defeat that 'Vacation Reply' message?

Thanks . . .

ps Maybe I should just refuse to pay my Verizon bill until they resolve this matter.

glenns2008
Enthusiast - Level 2

>Maybe I should just refuse to pay my Verizon bill until they resolve this matter.

I'll bet you anything if 500,000 of us refused to pay our bill until it was resolved, it would be fixed for good in a matter of days.

0 Likes