Verizon 3.0 and IE8
Trader_Vic
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too is having issues with my Verizon email. But the report that Microsoft security update kb2585542, cause the failure. I don't think it is. I have not downloaded in update yet and this issue started last Saturday. Sunday Verizon went back to version 2.0, for only email access. My OS is Windows XP SP3, Internet Explorer 8 and this is a Verizon issue.

Re: Verizon 3.0 and IE8
Bearwood
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello Trader_Vic.  I use Windows XP and Windows 7 and IE9 and can report that when I installed patch KB2585542, Verizon 3.0 homepage would produce an error message on both my computers.  However, I did have access to all other websites including SSL sites.  When I uninstalled KB2585542, I was again able to access the Verizon 3.0 website.  This is a very perplexing issue.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

I was using the MyVerizon 3.0 web page, with both Firefox 10 and Internet Explorer 9 (running in IE9 mode, document mode IE9) and I do have KB2585542 installed on my machine. I know Verizon's having some issues with their web server regarding Error 505 "Method Not Supported" messages, so perhaps this is what you've seen?

0 Likes
Bearwood
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, I receive the 505 error message when KB2585542 is installed and no error message when KB2585542 is removed.

0 Likes
Trader_Vic
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your replys so quickly. We three has clone issues, Verizon 3.0 gave the Verizion Service Rep, a https/501/505 error. She spoke with a India accent and  was surprise by seeing that security error. And there was no report on her screen that day, Jan.14, 2012, 5:00pm.

Why am I the only odd one, and everybody with IE9 is on war path mode. I don't get it, I'm having this problem and nobody else with IE8, just me

I'm think that SSL and TLS have been damaged somehow, Zappo been hacked today. Whats next? 

0 Likes