VERIZON AOL MIGRATION DISASTER!
larchmontguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I followed the migration directions.  I have established an AOL account with my old Verizon email but outlook iphone and ipad after changing the password will not receive the email and I can't get assistance from Verizon to solve the problem.  They said unfortunately they do not know what the problem is but i can PAY to get the problem solved $39 1x or $10 per month with Expert  Sales or look at AOL or speak to them.  AOL said I can PAY them to help with the problem.  Neither GUARANTEES any solution.  I spoke to Apple who would help for free but said we'd need confirmation of the settings from Verizon.  Verizon confirmed the settings BUT they DO NOT WORK.  So my only choice is always logging into AOL.com or forwarding mail to another account.   Has anyone had this problem and solved it?  I did all I was directed to including establishing a new AOL password and then changing the passwords in the other locations (outlook, iphone, ipad) and also adding @verizon.net to the email address...

Re: VERIZON AOL MIGRATION DISASTER!
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you access the account via http://mail.aol.com.  Via clients on PC/mac?   Most people have had no problem.  If you are seeing your email on webmail on AOL then its AOL support you Should need to deal with.

Other than changing your password, you should have not needed to make any other changes. 

If choose to delete and redefine your email on yourapple devices, at least at this time, choose to redefine them by choosing VERIZON setup not AOL.

Remember these forums are mostly Peer to Peer support.

0 Likes
Re: VERIZON AOL MIGRATION DISASTER!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi larchmontguy,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes