Verizon blocking mail from my host
dirkomatic1

I am a Verizon customer, but has nothing to do with the issue I am experiencing...

I have a server which is a mail host for a few small businesses and non-profit organizations. My clients are unable to successfully send mail to verizon.net email users. It is blocked by Verizon and about a week later they receive an email to fill out the form at verizon.com/whitelist. I have filled out this form numerous times. I constantly receive this:

After investigation, Verizon Online Security has determined
that e-mail from your IP address will not be allowed access to the Verizon Online e-mail domain
due to one or more of the following reasons:

Your IP has been blocked
because of spam issues or because your ISP indicates that it is dynamically
assigned

Once you have addressed any security-related issues on
your network, you should  contact Verizon Online Security via this form.
At that time, we will work with you to restore normal e-mail traffic or to take
other action as we deem appropriate.

Sincerely,

Verizon
Online Security
http://www2.verizon.net/policies
abuse@verizon.net

My server has maintained this IP for several years. It is not dynamic. Also, none of my clients has spammed and we aren't on any other blacklist anywhere.

I spent 2+ hours on the phone with different people at Verizon today and no one had a clue who to transfer me to.

Please help!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon blocking mail from my host
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Who is providing the IP for your mail server? You should run a check on the IP here: http://www.sorbs.net/lookup.shtml

If it's listed in SORBS as dynamic, then you need to get your ISP to update the record.

0 Likes
dirkomatic1

The IP is not listed in SORBS or any public blacklists.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@dirkomatic wrote:

The IP is not listed in SORBS or any public blacklists.

Did you check with your ISP to verify they have it listed as Static? Most of the time it's Dynamically assigned unless you pay more specifically for a static address. With Verizon, that means paying for a business class account.

Also, if you are running it for non-profit organizations or businesses that send out mass mailings, that can look like (or be) spam.

0 Likes
dirkomatic1

My company has maintained a mail host at this IP for several years, so no it is not dynamic.

My clients do not send out spam or messages that look like spam.

0 Likes
dirkomatic1

My company has maintained a mail host at this IP for several years, so no it is not dynamic.

My clients do not send out spam or messages that look like spam.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Big mailings always look like to SPAM to  some spam filters.  Has nothing to do with whether it really is spam or not.

Don't know who you can escalate your problem on checking out the whitelist with.  Someone within Verizon clearly thinks you can't be added.  Remember its just  peer to peer on this forum.

And double check that the ISP for this server, whoever they are, really has you marked as a static IP.  They might be really assigning it as static, but not identifying it as such to others.  Or they may be dynamically always assigning you the same IP which is not a true static IP address.

dirkomatic1

Thank you for your input.

My ISP has assured me that my IP is identified as static. It is possible that one of my clients sent out a message once that had a large number of recipients, but that one time should not have blacklisted my domains on Verizon.

I realize this is a peer forum, but it is also seen by Verizon employees who have made a support case for me and it has supposedly been escalated. Unfortunately, since it has been escalated, I have not heard from anyone and I cannot find a way to determine its status.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

http://mxtoolbox.com/

Verizon only deals directly with Sorbes and Spamhaus

If you put that host in that website and it shows RED or in trouble on any of the other servers, then you have to click on those servers and submit whitelist reports to each of those.  

Verizon will do the first two but they won't do any of the several other spam detection bodies. 

So double check how it shows at mxtoolbox. 

Unfortunately, it's my understanding that there is no over the phone team that works with spam customers.   You might try the social media outlets like twitter.com/verizonsupoort.  I have seen folks get some good help there as well. 

EDIT* Kalin pointed out how to access your support case, you should use that avenue to get the issue resolved.    

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

@dirkomatic wrote:

I realize this is a peer forum, but it is also seen by Verizon employees who have made a support case for me and it has supposedly been escalated. Unfortunately, since it has been escalated, I have not heard from anyone and I cannot find a way to determine its status.

When your issue was escalated, you received an email at your email address you used when you signed up for the forums with a link to your support case.  If you do not have access to that email address, click on your forum username to go to your profile.  Scroll down the page until you see the section "My Support Cases".  The link to your support case will be there for you to interact with the agent handling your case.